Marin Four Corners '16
- Marin Four Corners
- Marin's disc brake-equipped touring bike
- Lightweight CrMo steel touring bike
|Satin Nickel/Gloss Black||Large||Our Price £550.00 RRP £700.00||In Stock|
Marin Four Corners
An informed mix of old school (butted chromoly steel frame) and new school (disc brakes and a Shimano STIs) the Marin Four Corners is one very impressive touring bike.
The Marin Four Corners' butted alloy frame looks anorexic by today's fat tube standards. You'll agree skinny tube are good thing when you experience this bike's light sprung feel.
- 4130 butted chromoly steel frame for lightweight, durable strength.
- 73 degree seat tube/72 degree head tube geometry - classic fast touring bike geometry.
- The tall head tube (compared to a regular road bike's) allows a slightly more upright position for enjoying the view.
- The frame is fully eyeletted.
- If you would like us to fit mudguards and racks (or anything else) just ask when you order the bike and we will waive the normal fitting charge.
- Shimano Sora STI gear shifters and mechs for smooth gear changes.
- STI means Shimano Total Integration. The shifters are integrated with the brake levers so you can change gear any time without having to take your hands off the brake lever hoods.
- The Shimano Sora Hollowtech 2-piece crankset and bottom bracket are lighter weight and more flex resistant than traditional chainset designs.
- The 50/39/30 Shimano chainrings and the 12-36 Shimano cassette offer a wide range of gears that will help you up near-any ridable hill and won't spin out on fast flat sections.
- Reliable, low-maintenance Promax mechanical disc brakes.
The Benefits of Disc Brakes
Proven for over a decade on mountain bikes and better quality hybrids, the benefits of disc brakes are now becoming more and more recognised on road bikes and touring bikes.
- Moving the brakes from the mud and rain-attracting wheel rims to the relatively clean hubs makes for an improvement in the brakes’ all-weather all-conditions performance.
- Disc brake pads are much harder so they last much longer.
- That's why disc brakes tend to need far less maintenance compared with rim brakes - they don't require such frequent adjustment to compensate for brake pad wear.
- The wheel rims should also last much longer now that they are no longer being worn down by the brake pads.
- On touring bike like this, moving the brakes away from the rims maximises clearance for mud and mudguards.
'The Four Corners is perfectly suited to today's commute and tomorrow's touring adventure. The 4130 butted chromoly steel frame and fork are designed to handle fully loaded touring, with three bottle mounts, rack and fender eyelets, lowrider fork mounts, generous tyre clearance and mechanical disc brakes to bring it all to a stop.
The bars are set high for all-day comfort and heads-up visibility in traffic, and a Shimano 27-speed drivetrain for long-term durability and a 500% gear range to tackle any hill, with any load. Carry a laptop and change of clothes during the week, a tent and camp stove come Saturday morning. Get to work, and get out of town.'
Marin Four Corners
|Frame:||Custom Double Butted CrMo, 700c Wheels, Full Rack and Fender Mounts, Disc Mount|
|Fork:||CrMo, Fender and Rack Eyelets, IS Disc|
|Rims:||Araya DS700, Double Wall, Disc Specific|
|Rear Hub:||Formula, 6-Bolt Disc, 32H|
|Front Hub:||Formula, 6-Bolt Disc, 32H|
|Tyres:||Schwalbe Silento, 700x40C, Reflective Sidewall, Kevlar Puncture Protection|
|Spokes:||Stainless, 14g, black|
|Shift lever:||Shimano Sora 9-Speed|
|Front mech:||Shimano Sora|
|Rear mech:||Shimano Sora|
|Cassette:||Shimano Alivio 9-Speed, 12-36T|
|Crankset:||Shimano Sora Hollowtech II, 50/39/30T|
|Bottom bracket:||Shimano Hollowtech II|
|Saddle:||WTB Volt Sport|
|Handlebar:||Marin Four Corners Flared Drop|
|Stem:||Marin 3D Forged Alloy|
|Rear Brake:||Promax Render R Road Mechanical Disc, 160mm Rotor|
Promax Render R Road Mechanical Disc, 160mm Rotor
|Brake levers:||Shimano Sora STI|
|Satin Nickel/Gloss Black||Large||841323077092|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|