Marin Fairfax SC4 Belt '16
- Marin Fairfax SC4 Belt
- Shimano Nexus gears + belt drive
- Fast reliable urban bike
|Gloss Dark Silver||15''||Our Price £500.00 RRP £900.00||In Stock|
Marin Fairfax SC4 Belt
Hydraulic disc brakes. Shimano hub gears with Gates belt-drive. Continental Contact II reflective sidewall tyres with extra puncture protection. The Marin Fairfax SC4 Belt combines some of the best cycle innovations of the last 20 years to create a more reliable, lower-maintenance, everyday commuter bike.
Marin Fairfax SC
The initials 'SC' means this is a Marin Speed Commuter hybrid bike AKA flatbar road bike. In other words, it matches close to road bike-like speed potential with the flat bar control you will be familiar with if you're used to a mountain bike.
Marin SHOT Tech 6061 Aluminum frame
SHOT Surface Hardened Optimized Tubing technology utilizes a multi-stage manufacturing process that includes heat treatment, tube shape manipulation and shot peening to create a frame that is lighter, stiffer, stronger and better-handling than one built with standard heat-treated tubing.
- The Fairfax's 73.5 degree seat tube /72.5 degree head tube (medium frame) 'relaxed road bike' geometry makes for a sprightly ride.
- The 6061 aluminum frame is optimised for hub gears.
- The frame's eccentric bottom bracket makes it easier to keep the chain in tension.
- The frame's belt drive compatible dropouts facilitates removing the wheel.
- Continental Contact II puncture resistant tyres make it unlikely you'll have to remove the rear wheel.
- The advantages of a belt belt drive transmission are compelling. The carbon fibre-reinforced rubber belt last around twice as long as a steel chain, it's much lighter, it won't stretch and will never rust so you will never need to lube it. The absence of oil means the belt doesn't attract dirt the way that even a well-maintained steel chain can.
- The Shimano Nexus 8-speed gear mechanism is enclosed in the rear hub so it requires less maintenance.
- Its gear range is equivalent to an 11-38 cassette - i.e. low enough for steep hills.
- Nexus allows you to shift gear when the bike is stationary. Just like you can in a car.
- This is really useful if you have to stop at the bottom of a hill. No need to pedal off in too high a gear.
Why you should consider a bike with high quality hydraulic disc brakes
- Hydraulic disc brakes are mechanically more efficient than cable-operated brakes when it comes to that essential function of bicycle brakes - the pads engage and release more efficiently.
- The braking is more controlled and modulated so you quickly get a feel for the lever pull required whether you need to lightly scrub your speed or come to an emergency stop.
- Automatic pad adjustment - even when the pads do wear down, they maintain an optimal distance from the brake rotor so brake performance isn't compromised.
- Another significant factor is that hydraulic hoses, unlike cables, are not prone to fraying, rusting, kinking and breaking. This fundamental difference helps explain why hydraulic brakes require far less maintenance and adjustment than cable-operated brakes.
- Moving the brakes from the mud and rain-attracting wheel rims to the relatively clean hubs make for an improvement in the brakes' all-weather all-conditions performance.
- Disc brake pads are much harder so they last much longer.
- Your wheel rims should also last much longer now that they are no longer worn down by the brake pads.
- Hydraulic disc brakes are generally accepted as the best and the most widely adopted improvement in bicycle technology we've seen over the past 15 years.
'Road bike speed, urban utility and a smooth-running belt-driven, internally-geared 8-speed drivetrain? You can have it all. A lightweight Series 3 alloy frame and fork, hydraulic disc brakes and reflective sidewall, puncture-resistant tyres will make the Fairfax SC4 Belt your go-to bike for commuting and other urban adventures.'
|Marin Fairfax SC4 Belt|
|FRAME||Series 3 6061 Aluminum w/ SHOT Tech, Eccentric BB, Internal Cable Routing, Belt Drive Compatible, Post Mount Disc Specific Forged dropouts|
|FRONT FORK||6061 Aluminum, Straight-Blade, Post-Mount Disc|
|SHIFT LEVER||Shimano Nexus Twist Shifter 8-Speed|
|HUB GEAR||Shimano Nexus 8-Speed|
|BRAKES FRONT||Tektro Auriga Hydraulic Disc, 6” Rotor|
|BRAKES REAR||Tektro Auriga Hydraulic Disc, 6” Rotor|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Tektro Auriga Hydraulic|
|CRANKSET||FSA Forged Alloy, Hollow CrMo Spindle, Gates Carbon Drive CDN 50T|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Sealed Cartridge|
|CASSETTE||Gates Carbon Drive CDCX 22T|
|HUB REAR||Shimano Nexus 8-Speed Internally Geared Hub, Centerlock Disc, 32H|
|HUB FRONT||Formula, 32-Hole, 6-Bolt Disc|
|TIRES||Continental Contact II, 700 x 32c, Safety System Puncture Protection, Reflective Sidewall|
|RIM||Maddux PR300 700c, 32-Hole|
|SPOKES||14 Gauge Black Stainless|
|STEM||Marin 3D Forged Alloy|
|HANDLEBAR||Marin Flat Top Riser|
|GRIPS||Marin Ergonomic Locking|
|Gloss Dark Silver||15''||841323078181|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|