Marin Fairfax SC2 IG '16
|Matte Black||15"||Our Price £325.00 RRP £500.00||In Stock|
Marin Fairfax SC2 IG
The Marin Fairfax SC2 IG features clean, simple Shimano Nexus 8-speed internal hub gearing.
- Here, the gear change mechanism is enclosed in the rear hub, sheltered from the elements.
- The Shimano Nexus 8-speed hub delivers a wide enough gear range (equivalent to an 11-38 cassette) for most riders in most conditions.
- No derailleurs and a single rear cog means there’s less to go wrong.
- The fact that the chain no longer spends it's life being derailled means it lasts longer.
Same as standard Marin Fairfax SC2
The initials 'SC' means this is a Marin Speed Commuter hybrid bike AKA flatbar road bike. In other words, it matches close to road bike-like speed potential with the flat bar control you will be familiar with if you're used to a mountain bike.
- The Marin Fairfax SC2 is built on a clean, lightweight 6061 aluminium frame - this IG version has horizontal dropouts to ensure perfect chain tension - as required on a derailleur-free bike.
- Its endurance road bike-like geometry (72.5 degree head tube / 73.5 seat tube angle) makes for a bright, engaging ride.
- Note also how the frame seatstay joins the seat tube lower down than usual - this upgrade tightens up the rear triangle to maximise power output and makes the whole bike feel more ‘alive’, responsive and quicker steering.
- This versatile bike's frame and fork will take full mudguards and a rear rack.
- (If you need anything fitted to any new bike, just ask when you order it and we will waive our normal fitting charge.)
- Schwalbe Road Cruiser 700 x 32 tyres with Kevlar Guard Puncture Protection roll fast, but won't flinch if you take a dirt track detour on your commute home.
- The alloy V-brakes are simple, efficient stoppers.
- Nice touches include double butted alloy handlebars with Marin lock-on handlebar grips and a comfortable Marin Fitness Plush saddle.
'Marin Fairfax SC2 IG
The Fairfax SC2 IG is ideal for those looking for a lightweight, no-nonsense commuting machine. The Shimano Nexus 8 speed internally geared hub offers very low maintenance and a wide gear range, and when combined with the new Series 2 aluminium frame, makes for the bike you can keep riding day in and day out. Supporting features like the light weight alloy fork, durable double-wall rims, frame mounts for fenders, racks, and baskets, plus an ergonomic saddle and grips, make the Fairfax SC2 IG the go-to bike for all of your commute and errand-running needs.
|FRAME||Series 2 6061 Aluminum, 700c Wheels, Horizontal Dropouts For Internal Gear Hub|
|FRONT FORK||Bladed Alloy, Integrated 1 1/8”|
|SHIFT LEVER||Shimano Nexus 8-Speed Twist Shifter|
|DERAILLEUR REAR||Forged Alloy Linear Pull w/ Power Modulator|
|BRAKES FRONT||Forged Alloy Linear Pull|
|BRAKES REAR||Aluminum Linear-Pull Brake Lever|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Composite Sport Flat|
|PEDALS||Forged Alloy Crankset w/ Alloy Guard|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||KMC Z410|
|CASSETTE||Shimano Nexus 19T|
|HUB REAR||Shimano Nexus Internal 8-Speed, 307% Gear Range|
|HUB FRONT||Formula, 32-Hole|
|TIRES||Schwalbe Road Cruiser, 700 x 32c, Kevlar Guard Puncture Protection|
|RIM||Alex DC26, Double Wall|
|SPOKES||14 Gauge Black Stainless|
|SADDLE||Marin Fitness Plush|
|SEATPOST||Marin Alloy Micro Adjust, 350mm|
|STEM||Forged Alloy Threadless, 20° Rise|
|HANDLEBAR||6061 Alloy, 25.4, Flat Bar, 9° Sweep|
|HEADSET||FSA No. 8B 1 1/8 Threadless Sealed Cartridge Bearing|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|