Liv Avail SL 2 Women's 2017
- Lighter weight version of the Avail
- Shimano Tiagra women's road bike
- Carbon fork and seatpost for comfort
|Pearl White/Purple/Orange||Medium||£849.00||In Stock|
|Pearl White/Purple/Orange||Small||£849.00||In Stock|
|Pearl White/Purple/Org||Extra Small||£849.00||In Stock|
Liv Avail SL 2 Women's 2017
The SL version of the Liv Avail is upgraded with a lighter butted frameset, a D-Fuse carbon seatpost and Shimano Tiagra 2x10 gearing.
Aluxx SL frame and Composite fork
Aluxx SL frame tubes are a finer-grain double-butted 6011 aluminium alloy for optimal strength:weight ratio. The result: arguably the best aluminium frame for the money.
The Hybrid Composite fork combines carbon legs for excellent shock damping and steering precision with an OverDrive tapered aluminium steerer to help eliminate brake judder.
Giant D-Fuse Seatpost
The Giant D-shaped carbon composite seatpost works in tandem with the skinny seatstays to do a remarkable job of damping bad vibes that would otherwise be transmitted from unsmooth road surfaces.
Endurance Road Bike
The Avail women's road bike was designed by Liv and manufactured by Giant, so you know it will be engineered true and strong, it will ride really well and it will offer all-day comfort.
Liv's true road geometry (72 degree head tube angle and 74.5 degree seat tube angle in medium size) positions you on the bike to help you achieve maximum output (i.e. speed for your effort). The frame's slightly taller head tube and longer wheelbase (compared with a flat-out race bike) makes the Avail a more comfortable ride for longer distance sportive-like rides.
Bar top levers
Noting that many women don't appreciate being stretched out on the drops, the Liv Avail comes with bar-top cyclocross-style brake levers to augment the standard drop bar STI levers.
- ALUXX single butted 6061 aluminium frameset built from scratch by the world's most experienced aluminium frame builders - Giant.
- The Giant Composite Fork with ALUXX Steerer delivers the shock-damping, lightweight performance you expect from a quality carbon fork.
- Shimano STI (Shimano Total Integration) gear shifters are integrated with the brake levers so you can change gear any time without having to remove your hands from the brake lever hoods
- Tektro caliper brakes borrow Shimano's Dual Pivot technology to deliver consistent, low-maintenance, modulated braking performance.
- Giant wheel set.
- As well as building their own frames and forks, Giant extrude their own rims to build their own high quality wheels.
- Giant then equip their wheels with their own front and rear specific 700x25 tyres.
- Controlling every aspect of designing, engineering and building the wheelset ensures every component works perfectly with its partner to create a more laterally stiff wheel which will take less effort to accelerate faster.
- On the same principle, the tyre fits the rim as though it was made for it - which it was.
- If you would like to make it an all-weather bike, Giant actually make mudguardsfor their Liv Avail bikes.
- Order the mudguards (and anything else) with the bike and we will waive our normal fitting charge.
Liv's ambition is 'to make cycling more approachable and appealing to women'. As far as we know, Liv is the only women's global bicycle brand that is entirely staffed by women. Liv bicycles' designers, engineers, and managers - every employee is a woman. That's exceptional in the bike trade. The fact that Liv is a semi-autonomous part of Giant - the world's largest quality bicycle manufacturer - helps ensure every Liv bike is exceptional too in terms of the quality of spec on offer at every price point.
'BRING THE BLISS BACK TO ROAD RIDING WITH THE LIGHTWEIGHT AVAIL SL. PERFORMANCE FOR FASTER, LONGER ROAD RIDES.
The women’s-specific design is what creates a balanced position on the bike - and that means stability in fast corners and descents, efficient power transfer and most importantly, comfort. For the longest days on the road, the Avail SL is a lightweight extension of your body with looks that outshine the pack.'
|Liv Avail SL 2 Women's 2017|
|Sizes||XS, S, M|
|Frame||ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminium|
|Fork||Advanced-Grade Composite, Alloy OverDrive Steerer|
|Seatpost||Giant Composite D-Fuse|
|Saddle||Liv Contact, Forward|
|Pedals||Wellgo clip and strap type|
|Shifters||Shimano Tiagra 20 speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra|
|Brakes||Tektro R312 dual pivot|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Tiagra with Tektro cross top levers|
|Cassette||Shimano HG500 11x32|
|Crankset||Shimano Tiagra 34/50|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano BB-RS500 press fit|
|Rims||Giant SR 2 Disc Wheel Set|
|Hubs||Giant Tracker Sport Road|
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|