Liv Avail 2 Women's 2017
- Great value women's road bike
- Giant-built Aluxx frame and carbon fork
- Best for the money
|Black/Blue||Extra Small||£525.00||In Stock|
|Black/Blue||Large||£525.00||To be Ordered|
|Dark Purple/Red/Purple||Extra Extra Small||£525.00||To be Ordered|
Liv Avail 2 Women's 2017
This women's road bike was designed by Liv and the Aluxx frame and carbon was built by Giant, so you know it will ride really well and offer all-day comfort.
Designed by women for women
As well as coming with a shorter reach women's specific frame, the Liv Avail comes with a Liv women's saddle.
Bar top levers
Noting that many women don't appreciate being stretched out on the drops over the whole bike ride, the Liv Avail comes with bar-top brake levers to augment the standard drop bar STI levers.
Endurance Road Bike
Liv's true road geometry (72 degree head tube angle and 74.5 degree seat tube angle in medium size) positions you on the bike to help you achieve maximum output (i.e. speed for your effort). The frame's slightly taller head tube and longer wheelbase (compared with a flat-out race bike) makes the Avail a more comfortable ride for longer distance sportive-like rides.
- ALUXX single butted 6061 aluminium frameset built from scratch by the world's most experienced aluminium frame builders - Giant.
- The Giant-engineered Composite Fork with ALUXX Steerer delivers the shock-damping, lightweight performance you expect from a quality carbon fork.
- Shimano Claris STI Dual Control 2x8 shifters control the Shimano Claris mechs to offer a wide-range of gears via the 34/50 chainset and the 11-32 cassette.
- This gearing makes a Liv Avail suitable for the type of challenging varied terrain you would typically encounter at a sportive or similar long-distance ride.
- These STI (Shimano Total Integration) gear shifters are integrated with the brake levers so you can change gear any time without having to remove your hands from the brake lever hoods
- Tektro caliper brakes borrow Shimano's Dual Pivot technology to deliver consistent, low-maintenance, modulated braking performance.
- Giant S-R2 wheel set.
- As well as building their own frames and forks, Giant extrude their own rims to build their own high quality wheels.
- Giant then equip their wheels with their own 700x25 tyres.
- Controlling every aspect of designing, engineering and building the wheelset ensures every component works perfectly with its partner to create a more laterally stiff wheel which will take less effort to accelerate faster.
- On the same principle, the tyre fits the rim as though it was made for it - which it was.
- If you would like to make it an all-weather bike, Giant actually make mudguardsfor their Liv Avail bikes.
- Order the mudguards (and anything else) with the bike and we will waive our normal fitting charge.
As far as we know, Liv is the only women's global bicycle brand that is entirely staffed by women. Liv bicycles' designers, engineers, and managers - every employee is a woman. That's exceptional in the bike trade. The fact that Liv is a semi-autonomous part of Giant - the world's largest quality bicycle manufacturer - helps ensure every Liv bike is exceptional too in terms of the quality of spec on offer at every price point.
The right companion for any challenge on the road, Avail helps you go farther, faster.
Stability in fast corners and descents, efficient power transfer and ultimate comfort are the result of a well-balanced women’s-specific design. The Avail is a lightweight extension of your body that intuitively moves with you and was born ready for the longest days on the road. With elegant, modern finishes, you can stay in the lead with style.'
|Liv Avail 2 Women's 2017|
|Sizes||XXS, XS, S,M,L|
|Fork||Advanced-Grade Composite, Alloy OverDrive Steerer|
|Saddle||Liv Connect, Forward|
|Pedals||Wellgo clip and strap type|
|Shifters||Shimano Claris 16 speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Claris|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Claris|
|Brakes||Tektro R312 dual pivot|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Claris with Tektro cross top levers|
|Cassette||SRAM PG850 11x32|
|Crankset||FSA Tempo 34/50|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA Cartridge|
|Rims||Giant SR 2 Wheel Set|
|Hubs||Giant Tracker Sport Road|
|Tyres||Giant S-R4, 700x25mm|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|