Lezyne HV Drive V2 Pump
- Lezyne HV Drive V2 M bicycle pump.
- Lezyne design made more affordable.
- ABS Flex Hose.
|Medium||Silver||Our Price £20.69 RRP £22.99||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
Lezyne HV Drive V2 M Pump
Using less expensive materials - the aluminium barrel and shaft are lathe turned rather than CNC machined and the handle is composite - makes the HV Drive V2 a less expensive pump that retains trademark Lezyne features such as their genius ABS Flex Hose.
The Lezyne HV Drive V2 M Pump is a high volume pump. High volume means that you can get more air into a high volume mountain bike tyre with every stroke with this pump than you would with an equivalent high pressure pump
- ABS Flex Hose - this is the best ever pump design that employs a hose connector.
- The uniquely sturdy, concealable hose is reversible and boasts Lezyne Twin Chuck technology - this means that it's threaded for Presta valves at one end, Schrader valves on the other.
- The threaded part of the hose is CNC machined aluminium.
- ABS refers to the Air Bleed System button on the pump hose. Once your tyre is inflated, press the button to release air pressure from the hose, thus reducing the risk of damaging or unthreading your Presta valve core.
- The hose stows neatly inside the pump's handle when not in use.
- The pump's handle and barrel overlap for increased stroke length.
- Rated to pump tyres up to 90psi, the Lezyne HV Drive V2 M Pump is especially good for MTBs, more of a 'get you home' pump for road bikes.
- Supplied with composite matrix frame-fit bracket that mounts onto your bottle cage bosses.
- 216m long - can also be neatly fitted into a back pack.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 109g.
'The greatest value HV hand pump equipped with the versatile ABS Flex Hose. The pump barrel and shaft are made of lathe-turned aluminium with Composite Matrix handle and end caps. The HV design allows pump to reach riding pressure with 30% fewer strokes compared to conventional pumps. The overlapping handle and barrel with oversized piston and shaft are integrated into a compact design. Comes with a Composite Matrix frame pump mount.'
Lezyne was founded by Micki Kozuschek, who had previously made his name in his native Germany as a professional triathlete with an engineering background. He then moving to the USA where he founded Truvativ. This component manufacturer became so admired for the quality and strength of their cranks, SRAM gave Micki an offer he couldn't refuse so he sold Travativ to them in 2003.
After a sabbatical, Micki returned to manufacturing with the launch of Lezyne in 2007. His goal: to engineer quality accessories built to the same standards as the best bicycle components.
He insisted that anything with the Lezyne - Engineered Design logo had to be exquisitely designed, intelligently engineered and functionally complete.
To this end, Lezyne built their own HQ and test lab in California and opened their own factory in Taichung - a city which Micki regards as 'bike city Taiwan' in the way that Detroit was 'motor city USA' in the 1960s.
We discovered that quality control is king with Lezyne in 2008 when we received our first delivery of their original Alloy Drive Mini Pumps. One glance revealed that the pump's alloy piston and body were machined to perfection. Even more intriguing, the pump came with the best-made hosewe had ever seen. This robust but flexible rubber hose featured a machined threaded alloy Presta connector on one end and a Schrader connector on the other. Thanks to its secure connection, its valve-friendly design and its overall build quality, the Lezyne Alloy Drive was one of the best mini pumps we had ever tested. It also answered a real need if you were one of the fair few cyclists who never got on with push-fit pumps.
Since 2008, the variety of pumps Lezyne produce has grown and grown along with their equally well thought-out ranges of Lezyne bicycle tools, Lezyne bicycle bags and Lezyne bicycle lights.
To further ensure quality control, Lezyne sponsor a select group of cyclists including Cedric Gracia, Danny MacAskill and Remy Absalon. That way, you can be sure that if it's labelled Lezyne - Engineered Design, you can be sure that your pump, light or whatever will have been torture tested to the max.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|