Lezyne HP Drive Pump
- An especially neat mini pump for road bikes.
- Exceptionally smooth action.
- Genuinely back pocketable.
|Silver/Black||Medium||Our Price £20.69 RRP £22.99||In Stock|
Lezyne HP Drive Pump
The Lezyne HP Drive Pump is designed for high-pressure, low-volume applications so it's the perfect emergency mini pump for road tyres.
- The near all-alloy CNC-machined construction inspires confidence and saves weight.
- Best ever pump design that employs a hose connector.
- The uniquely sturdy, concealable hose is reversible so it fits either Presta or Schrader valves.
- The threaded part of the hose is CNC machined aluminium.
- The hose stows neatly inside the pump's handle when not in use.
- The CNC machined oversized piston ensures very smooth action
- Lathe-turned aluminium barrel with non-slip texture grip.
- Comfortable composite matrix handle.
- The handle and barrel overlap for increased stroke length within the very compact size.
- Pumps tyres up to 120psi so this Lezyne is especially good for road bikes, more of a 'get you home' pump for MTBs.
- Supplied with composite matrix frame-fit bracket that mounts onto your bottle cage bosses.
- Alternatively, this pump is small enough to carry in a back pocket.
- Rubber caps at either end keeps dust and grime out.
- 236mm long measured from dust cap to dust cap.
- Pump weight: 86g.
Lezyne was founded by Micki Kozuschek, who had previously made his name in his native Germany as a professional triathlete with an engineering background. He then moving to the USA where he founded Truvativ. This component manufacturer became so admired for the quality and strength of their cranks, SRAM gave Micki an offer he couldn't refuse so he sold Travativ to them in 2003.
After a sabbatical, Micki returned to manufacturing with the launch of Lezyne in 2007. His goal: to engineer quality accessories built to the same standards as the best bicycle components.
He insisted that anything with the Lezyne - Engineered Design logo had to be exquisitely designed, intelligently engineered and functionally complete.
To this end, Lezyne built their own HQ and test lab in California and opened their own factory in Taichung - a city which Micki regards as 'bike city Taiwan' in the way that Detroit was 'motor city USA' in the 1960s.
We discovered that quality control is king with Lezyne in 2008 when we received our first delivery of their original Alloy Drive Mini Pumps. One glance revealed that the pump's alloy piston and body were machined to perfection. Even more intriguing, the pump came with the best-made hosewe had ever seen. This robust but flexible rubber hose featured a machined threaded alloy Presta connector on one end and a Schrader connector on the other. Thanks to its secure connection, its valve-friendly design and its overall build quality, the Lezyne Alloy Drive was one of the best mini pumps we had ever tested. It also answered a real need if you were one of the fair few cyclists who never got on with push-fit pumps.
Since 2008, the variety of pumps Lezyne produce has grown and grown along with their equally well thought-out ranges of Lezyne bicycle tools, Lezyne bicycle bags and Lezyne bicycle lights.
To further ensure quality control, Lezyne sponsor a select group of cyclists including Cedric Gracia, Danny MacAskill and Remy Absalon. That way, you can be sure that if it's labelled Lezyne - Engineered Design, you can be sure that your pump, light or whatever will have been torture tested to the max.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|Submit a review|
|I was looking for a mini pump, to fit to the frame or to carry in a jersey pocket, that would inflate presta road tubes to 100 psi. I liked the Lezyne pumps but was concerned the screw-on fitting wouldn't work with the smooth valves of my Michelin Aircomp Latex and Ultralight tubes. I needn't have worried! An in-store test showed how good the design and quality of these pumps is. The hose connector screws onto the dustcap thread of the valve and is compatible with all presta valves. Testing the pump at home showed that it can inflate road tyres to around 100 psi. I'm confident I won't be stranded miles from home with this pump, a spare tube and some self-adhesive patches as back-up.|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|