Hornit Cycle Horn
Hornit Cycle Horn
At 140 decibels, the Hornit is the loudest cycle horn ever.
While bells are probably still best for shared walking/cycle paths, they're usually too quiet to be heard on roads over traffic noise.
Sounding the Hornit will definitely alert other road users about to cut dangerously into your path.
- Designed to fit any handlebar: road bike, mountain bike or hybrid.
- Remote push-button operation.
- You can mount the comfortable silicone button close to the levers so you can brake and sound the Hornit simultaneously.
- The Hornet sounds like an electronic car alarm - you notice it but it sounds less aggressive than a car-style horn. Or shouting.
- When riding a cyclepath you can switch the Hornit to 'Park Mode'.
- 'Park Mode' emits a quieter 130 decibel beep.
- However, if you ever feel threatened on a path, sounding the horn at full volume may well deter an aggressive person (or dog).
- Battery operated.
- Expected run time: 6-12 months from 2 x AAA batteries.
- Compact bike light size - the horn measures 97 x 48 x 36mm.
- The Hornit attaches to a bar mounted bracket - just like most bike lights.
- Spare brackets are available to make it easy to switch the Hornit between bikes.
- Total system weight: 96g.
'It’s billed by its makers as the world’s loudest and we aren’t going to argue with them...we're in no doubt of the Hornit's effectiveness on traffic-packed roads.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|Submit a review|
|But this is loud! I've been using it for the last few rides and it certainly gets attention! Pedestrians don't always realise I'm on a bike so I usually give them a wave of thanks as they bounce out of my way. If you want increased safety get one of these, but be aware you'll frighten the neighbours!|