Haibike Sduro Hardseven SL 27.5 '16
- Haibike Sduro Hardseven SL 27.5 '16
- German-proven hardtail e-mountain bike
- Yamaha 80Nm crank-drive motor
Haibike Sduro Hardseven SL 27.5 '16
Haibike might be a new name over here but we can assure you that they are the leading manufacturers of e-mountain bikes in their native Germany - a country that has embraced the latest generation of truly trail-competent e-mountain bikes.
The Hardseven is a performance hardtail e-mountain bike featuring a Yamaha 80Nm crank-drive motor.
Given that the electronics components on this bike would set you back around £1,500, the Hardseven is an exceptionally well-spec'd bike for the money.
And of course like any hardtail, the Haibike Sduro Hardlife SL will double as an everyday all-purpose bike.
What makes the Haibike Sduro Hardseven SL 27.5 an exceptional e-mountain bike?
- With up to 80Nm torque, the Yamaha motor delivers the turning power and acceleration required to boost you up off-road inclines.
- Gravity Cast Interface is a process borrowed from motocross bikes. Here, Haibike create a perfectly formed aluminium/zinc cradle purpose built for its Yamaha crank-drive motor. Gravity Cast Interface ensures the motor is perfectly integrated with the frame with every bolt and bearing seat CNC milled for 100% accuracy.
- The motor is shielded from scratches, dings and the elements thanks to its bolt-on Skid Plate - another Haibike innovation.
- Crank Drive – the motor unit is mounted at bottom bracket level – the strongest, stiffest part of the frame.
- With its lower centre of gravity, a crank drive e-bike is more stable, the pedal assist feels more natural and the bike is better balanced than one with the motor mounted on the front or rear wheel.
- Fully charged, its 400Wh battery will be good for 30-plus power-assisted miles (48 km) in the most challenging conditions (that is a heavy rider, cycling hilly terrain, riding continuously in maximum mode).
- The Yamaha multifunctional display operation unit/computer neatly fits the recessed clamp area of the Haibike low-riser handlebars.
- As well as standard bike computer speed/distance functions, this computer acts as an on/off switch and a fuel gauge that lets you keep your eye on the battery charge level.
- If you’re out longer than anticipated, you can drop the power-assist level to ensure the battery has sufficient juice to see you home safely.
- This computer also comes with a USB port to charge up, say your bar-mounted Garmin or iPhone.
What makes the Haibike Sduro Hardseven SL 27.5 an exceptional hardtail?
- The quality hydroformed alloy frame is built with short seatstays to create an engaging, quick-steering, agile ride.
- The Suntour suspension fork's 100mm travel helps soak up bumps
- The fork's travel can be locked out for more efficient climbing on smoother terrain.
- Air sprung, it's easy to set the fork to the rider's weight.
- Tektro Auriga hydraulic disc brakes are a benchmark for low maintenance, modulated, all-weather stopping power at your fingertips.
- The Schwalbe Rapid Rob tyres are fast rolling while offering confidence-inspiring traction when required.
- The tyres are 27.5x2.25 inch - the new standard in MTB treads.
- The transmission is high quality Shimano Deore 1x10.
- To sum up, this is the kind of spec you might expect from a £1,000 hardtail - without the power assist.
The benefits of a Shimano 1x10 drivetrain
- Thanks to its 11-36 tooth 10-speed cassette, you get a massive gear range in a simplified format comprising a single shifter, a single gear mech and a single chainring.
- Doing away with the front derailleur, the LH shifter and one or two chainrings means less weight, less complication and less to go wrong.
- 1x10 makes especially good sense on a bike where the crank / lower seat tube area already accommodates a motor.
- This 1x10 transmission delivers benefits any cyclist can appreciate.
- The beginner will be spared learning about what they have to push or pull on each lever to get into a lower or higher gear.
- With a single lever, gear shifting becomes immediately more straightforward.
- Even massively experienced racing mountain bikers appreciate this simplicity in the heat of competition.
- No more 'double shifting' to get in the right gear.
- The Shimano Deore Shadow Plus rear derailleur features a chain stabilising switch and a single tension spring to help prevent chain-slap and dropped chains when riding rough terrain.
Every Haibike bicycle fulfills the promise of today's best e-bikes.
It flattens hills, it beats headwinds, it takes the sweat and grind out of riding a bike, it helps you go faster and it has a much longer range at full power than first generation electric bikes.
Edinburgh Bicycle support recycling electrical equipment.
|Haibike Sduro Hardseven SL 27.5|
|Frame||Aluminium 6061 frame for 27.5 inch wheels. Hydroformed tubes. Gravity Cast Yamaha-Interface.|
|Fork:||Suntour XCR Air RL-R 100mm Travel, w/lockout|
|Motor:||Yamaha Midmount 36 Volt, 250 Watt, 80Nm|
|Battery:||Lithium Ion 36 Volt, 400 Wh|
|Display:||Yamaha multifunctional display with operation unit.|
New for 2016: EcoPlus mode delivers 30% more potential range. Micro USB port for accessory charging
|Shift Levers:||Shimano Deore SL Rapidfire 10 speed|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano Deore 10 speed|
|Cassette:||Shimano HG50 11-36 10 speed|
|Brakes:||Tektro Auriga Hydraulic Disc 180mm|
|Tyres:||Schwalbe Rapid Rob 27.5x2.25 inch|
|Wheel Rims:||Rodi WF Disc|
|Hubs:||XLC Evo Disc|
|Headset:||FSA No. 57, A-Head, semi-integrated, tapered|
|Stem:||SDURO Alu, A-Head|
|Handlebars:||SDURO Lowriser Alu|
|Grips:||XLC Ergo Sport|
|Saddle:||Selle Royal Sirio|
|Seatpost:||SDURO Alu 31.6mm|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|Submit a review|
|Absolute game changer of a bike, I'm a keen cyclist and never thought about an ebike until injuries and health issues slowed my riding down to an hour or so every other day, now I can ride as much as I want, conditions like wind etc don't effect you and you can clock up decent miles then whack the power up on the return journey home to keep a steady speed, love it so much I know have the fatbike version too, get a test ride folks.|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|