GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc Womens '13
- This GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc is one of this year's best buys in women's-specific mountain bikes.
- Smooth-operating SunTour XCM fork with lockout.
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes' light fingertip action inspires confidence.
GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc Women's
This is the women's-specific version of the GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc. Its frame's shorter top tube means you won't be obliged to overstretch to reach the bars, as can be the case when a woman is saddled with a man's bicycle.
Apart from its more female-friendly geometry, the GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc Women's retains the key features that make the men's versionone of this year's best-equipped name-brand mountain bikes.
- The triple-triangle hydroformed aluminium frame is proven lightweight and strong.
- 100mm-travel SunTour XCM fork with lockout.
- Alivio 3x9 gearing delivers Shimano's trademark, punchy Rapidfire gear shifts.
- Low-maintenance Tektro hydraulic disc brakes are smoother-operating and more controllable, effective and confidence-inspiring than any cable-operated bicycle brake you've ever tried.
- The Maxxis Sphinx 26x2.1-inch front tyre is matched with a Maxxis Sphinx 26x1.95" rear.
- A fat tyre up front will corner better.
- A narrow rear tyre is lighter so, everything else being equal, will accelerate with less effort.
- 685mm riser bar on a short stem makes for a sharp handling mountain bike.
‘The GT Avalanche is one of the best all-round trail bikes we’ve tested for under £500. It’s comfortable, easy to hammer and totally predictable on difficult trails.’
|FRAME||Hydroformed 6061 T6 Aluminum Frame, w/ Triple Triangle™ and WOMEN geometry, Replaceable Derailleur Hanger, Disc Brake Mounts, and Zerostack 1-1/8" Head Tube|
|FORK||SR Suntour XCM-MLO w/ 100mm Travel, Steel Stanchions, Aluminum Leg, Post Mount Disc Brake, Mechanical Lockout, QR|
|CRANKSET||SR Suntour XCM-T414, 44/32/22T|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Tange Sealed|
|PEDALS||GT Slim Line Flat Pedal|
|DERAILLEUR||(F) Shimano Acera, FD-M390, (R) Shimano, Alivio, RD-M430|
|SHIFTERS||Shimano Alivio, Sl-M430, Rapid Fire|
|REAR COGS||Shimano CS-HG20-9, 11-34T, 9-Speed Cassette|
|RIMS||Alex MD17, Double Wall, 32H|
|TIRES||(F) Maxxis Sphinx 26 x 2.10", (R) Maxxis Sphinx 26 x1.95"|
|HUBS||(F) All Terra Alloy Disc, w/ Quick Release, (R) All Terra Alloy Cassette Disc, w/ Quick Release|
|BRAKES||(F) Tektro Htc-300 Hydraulic Disc, w/ 160mm Rotor, (R) Tektro Htc-300 Hydraulic Disc, w/ 160mm Rotor|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Tektro HTC-300 Hydraulic|
|HANDLEBAR||All Terra 6061 Aluminum Riser, 635mm Width, 30mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp|
|STEM||All Terra 1-1/8" Threadless, 4-Bolt w/ CNC Face Plate, 10° Rise, 31.8mm Clamp|
|GRIPS||GT Slim Line Racing Wing w/ Waffle|
|HEADSET||Tange Seiki 1-1/8" Threadless, Zerostack|
|SADDLE||All Terra Tacoma Womens|
|SEAT POST||All Terra Alloy Micro-Adjust, 30.9mm|
|SEAT CLAMP||All Terra Alloy QR|
|Weight||14.46kg / 31.84lb|
This weight is based upon a medium sized example of this bike. We weighed the complete bike as you would receive it, complete with pedals and EN / BS-approved reflectors and bell.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|