Giro Synthe MIPS Helmet
|White/Silver||Large||Our Price £237.49 RRP £249.99||In Stock|
|White/Silver||Medium||Our Price £237.49 RRP £249.99||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
Giro Synthe MIPS Helmet
The Giro Synthe is so named because it synthesizes the aerodynamics of the Giro Air Attackand the cooling power of the Aeon. Giro describe the Synthe as 'the fastest road bike helmet they've ever produced'.
Upgrading it with MIPS brings the Synthe even closer to helmet heaven - that is, a more protective lid that you're barely aware you're wearing.
What is MIPS? check the video.
- MIPSmeans Multi-directional Impact Protection System.
- MIPS was developed by a team of Swedish brain surgeons and neurologists who tasked themselves with creating a better bicycle helmet dedicated to reducing the rotational acceleration forces to the brain in the event of an angled impact.
- In the capable hands of Giro, MIPS is a super-flexible low friction nylon head-hugging liner, designed to rotate inside the helmet in the event of an impact from any angle.
- MIPS thus helps reduce the resulting rotational energy being transfered to the head - rotational energy that could otherwise cause serious injury to the brain should it violently impact the inside of the skull in the event of a crash.
- MIPS therefore goes a long way to addressing the most frequent criticism of first generation helmets - that they are primarily designed to absorb the energy of a vertical head-on impact, and are less effective at saving you in the event of the type of angled impact, which is more likely to occur.
More Giro Synthe Helmet Features
- Its Thermoformed SL Roll Cage is an ultra-light polycarbonate skeleton fused to the helmet’s impact-absorbing foam liner. Visible on the bridges between vents, this layer of armour acts like a second shell, enhancing structural support, impact dispersion and penetration resistance while allowing Giro to carve the biggest vents possible without compromising the helmet’s strength or integrity.
- Giro's most advanced fit-belt system, RocLoc Air is a patented design that suspends the helmet just slightly off the top of the skull.
- RocLoc Air accelerates the airflow from the Giro Synthe's 26 wind tunnel vents over the head and out the back to help prevent overheating.
- Like Giro's proven the Roc Loc 5, RocLoc Air makes it easy to single-handedly custom tune fit tension and fore-aft helmet tilt.
- RocLoc Air is ponytail compatible.
- Aero mesh side panels improve aerodynamics and provide a smooth docking point for your shades.
- The helmet's X-static padding is silver impregnated for proven odour resistance.
- The chin strap features featherweight webbing and a slimline buckle.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 254 grams (medium size).
- Sizes: S (51-54cm), M (55-59cm), L (59-63cm).
'The Synthe helmet debuted at the 2014 Tour de France to overwhelming fanfare.
Previous to Synthe, riders were faced with difficult decisions – choosing aerodynamics or choosing ventilation… choosing lighter weight or choosing cooling power…
Synthe was the first helmet in the peloton to offer winning aerodynamics with impressive ventilation, all at a weight that rivaled the lightest options. But Giro engineers didn’t simply kickback and celebrate as Synthe won dozens of pro races in its first year out.
The design team focused on making it better, and incorporating a new technology called MIPS.
MIPS stands for Multi-Directional Impact Protection System.
We believe that helmets equipped with MIPS can provide more protection in certain impacts and we have fully embraced this new technology. To us, MIPS represents a true turning point in helmet design, and it was only natural to have it included in our favorite road helmet, Synthe.
To say that Synthe MIPS is ahead of its competition is an understatement. Synthe MIPS crossed the line forty minutes ahead, and had already cleaned up, changed clothes and ate lunch before its competitors straggled across the finish line.
Wind Tunnel Ventilation
Giro helmets are developed utilizing our proprietary Wind Tunnel ventilation system. This elaborate design combines active vents
in the helmet’s shell with exhaust channels inside the helmet that thrust fresh, cool air over and around the rider’s head while forcing heat and stale air out. It’s the most effective cooling system available, and a difference you can feel every time you ride.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|