Giro Republic Road Shoe
- Giro Republic Road Shoe
- Super smart everyday road bike shoes
- Takes 2-bolt SPD-style cleats
|Army/Gum||42||Our Price £94.99 RRP £134.99||In Stock|
|Army/Gum||43||Our Price £94.99 RRP £134.99||In Stock|
|Army/Gum||44||Our Price £94.99 RRP £134.99||In Stock|
|Army/Gum||45||Our Price £94.99 RRP £134.99||In Stock|
|Army/Gum||46||Our Price £94.99 RRP £134.99||In Stock|
Giro Republic Road Shoe
This is the latest version of one of the smartest cycling shoes we do.
With its smooth, microfibre uppers, the Giro Republic looks so good, we can see it leading the trend to rehabilitate laces on cycling shoes. As you can see from the sole, Republic shoes take 2-bolt cleats for stepping into SPD-style pedals. If you don't use cleats, Giro Republic Road Shoes get on perfectly well with flat pedals.
The Giro Republic boasts many of the features of Giro's Empire shoein a more casual style with walkable SPD cleat compatibility. The shoe’s low-profile microfibre lace-up uppers blend seamlessly with street wear, so you'll be happy to be seen in these shoes off the bike too.
- The Giro Republic is a perfect all-purpose shoe for commuting, touring, training, sportives and general riding around.
- Smart low-profile microfibre and canvas upper with micro-suede heel counter.
- Non-slip laces.
- DuPont Zytel nylon outsoles are stiff at the pedal stomping zone for cycling efficiency and flexible under the toes so you can walk comfortably in your Giro Republic shoes.
- Mid-foot scuff guards and replaceable high-traction pads offer exceptional grip when you walk in these shoes.
- These pads make for maximum clearance between cleats (if you fit them) and the ground, making Giro Republic among the easiest SPD-style shoes to walk in.
- The microsuede-faced moulded EVA footbed offers medium-level arch support.
- The footbed's Aegis Microbe Shield inhibits odour-creating microbes to help keep your shoes fresh and whiff-free.
- Compatible with any SPD-style 2-bolt pedal cleat(not supplied - cleats come supplied with the pedals not the shoes).
- Giro Republic shoes are equally at home used with conventional (not cleated) pedals.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 315 grams per size 42.5 shoe.
Laces make a comeback
The re-emergence of lace-up cycling shoes is interesting. Giro make the case that laces enable you to fine tune the tension as precisely as more high tech solutions - perhaps more so if you consider the Republic shoe has seven pairs of eyelets to ensure an optimal snug fit. And should the laces ever wear out, they are routinely replaceable at no great expense.
To address fears such as, 'surely you don't want to risk getting your laces caught in the drivetrain.' Giro have incorporated a retaining 'lace garage' on the shoe's tongue.
And what about the stresses on the laces on the upstroke? Giro have addressed this concern by specifying non-slip non-stretch laces.
With all this going for them, lace-up cycling shoes may well earn the rehabilitation in esteem that leather saddles and wool cycling jerseys have enjoyed in the 21st Century.
'Inspired by adventure and the road less travelled
The Republic offers timeless style and confidence on the open road and when the ride ends. These shoes combine a supple, perforated microfiber upper with a stout nylon outsole for great pedaling efficiency and high-traction walking pads for stable footing on roads, sidewalks and gravel when you’re off the bike.'
Giro Shoe Philosophy
'After years spent riding in shoes that felt more like an Erector set than the supple shoes of old, Giro designers create a line of cycling
shoes that stand out for their simplicity and adaptability. Word spreads that the fit is superb, and the performance is great in spite
of the lack of plastic reinforcement and knickknacks. Happy feet prevail.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|