Giro Montaro MIPS Helmet
|Matt Black/Turquoise||Small||Our Price £142.49 RRP £149.99||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
|Matt Blue/Lime||Large||Our Price £142.49 RRP £149.99||On Order|
|Matt Blue/Lime||Medium||Our Price £142.49 RRP £149.99||On Order|
|Matte Flame/Titanium||Medium||Our Price £132.99 RRP £139.99||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
Giro Montaro MIPS Helmet
With features such as the coolest RocLoc fit system to date; a clip-in GoPro camera mount and MIPS impact protection, the Giro Montaro MIPS makes a strong case for being the most advanced trail lid to date.
- Full Wrap-In Mould - the polycarbonate shell, which is moulded to the EPS shell, extends all the way to the bottom of the helmet and wraps round the base to create a more robust lid that is more resistant to dings.
- Roll Cage - the EPS (expanded polystyrene) liner is structurally reinforced with a nylon skeleton, which helps the lid remain intact under impact.
- The Roll Cage provides an extra measure of strength and integrity that you’ll never notice…unless you need it.
- Giro's most advanced fit-belt system, RocLoc Air is a patented design that suspends the helmet just slightly off the top of the skull.
- RocLoc Air accelerates the airflow over the head and out the back to help prevent overheating.
- Like Giro's proven Roc Loc 5 fit belt, RocLoc Air makes it easy to single-handedly custom tune fit, tension and fore-aft helmet tilt.
- Giro's new Hydrophilic Pads can absorb up to 10 times their own weight in water, helping you manage sweat while riding.
- The pad retains moisture to prevent sweat from dripping into your eyes, and then dries quickly.
- The Hydrophilic Pad's anti-microbial, X-Static lining helps to reduce odour, keeping your helmet fresh.
- Strap grippers on the back of the helmet allow full goggle integration.
- The POV (Point of View) vented visor can be angled up or down 15 degrees to make it easy to achieve an optimal level of shielding without compromising your view ahead.
- Once adjusted, the POV visor stays in place.
- The Montaro comes supplied with a clip-in mount for GoPro and similar action cameras.
- This mount clips into a reinforced vent at the top of the lid, making it much neater and less fiddly to fit than a strap-on camera mount.
- Available in three sizes so you're more likely to achieve a perfect fit than you might with a one-size-fits-all lid: S (51-55cm), M (55-59), L (59-63).
- 364g - based on weighing a medium Giro Montaro MIPS Helmet (with camera-mount attached) at Bike Co-op HQ in January 2016.
Last but possibly most important, like a growing number of better quality helmets, the Giro Montaro features the MIPS Multi-Directional Impact Protection System.
To find out more about MIPS, check the video.
- MIPSmeans Multi-directional Impact Protection System.
- MIPS was developed by a team of Swedish brain surgeons and neurologists who tasked themselves with creating a better bicycle helmet dedicated to reducing the rotational acceleration forces to the brain in the event of an angled impact.
- In the capable hands of Giro, MIPS is a super-flexible low friction nylon head-hugging liner, designed to rotate inside the helmet in the event of an impact from any angle.
- MIPS thus helps reduce the resulting rotational energy being transfered to the head - rotational energy that could otherwise cause serious injury to the brain should it violently impact the inside of the skull in the event of a crash.
- MIPS therefore goes a long way to addressing the most frequent criticism of first generation helmets - that they are primarily designed to absorb the energy of a vertical head-on impact, and are less effective at saving you in the event of the type of angled impact, which is more likely to occur.
Giro are justifiably proud in their latest all mountain helmet, so we'll leave them with the last word.
'All of our best tricks and technologies, wrapped into one sleek, full-coverage mountain bike helmet.
We recognized a need for a better option for discerning enduro and trail riders. Today’s aggressive trail riders are going faster, riding
harder and traveling further than ever before. And we believe that these riders have now met their match.
Montaro MIPS is packed with features. One look and it’s clear that this helmet boasts a sleek silhouette, but look again and you’ll notice that Montaro MIPS also offers more coverage than a traditional XC helmet.
Despite this confident, full coverage, Montaro MIPS is remarkably well ventilated. We achieve this cooling power through Roc Loc Air, an easy-to-adjust-with-a-single-hand fit system that allows air to flow between your scalp and the helmet.
In addition to this helmet’s already impressive cooling power, we’ve outfitted Montaro MIPS with hydrophilic, anti-microbial pads
that can absorb up to ten times their weight in sweat.
Riders that prefer to wear goggles will love Montaro MIPS. We incorporate full goggle integration, with strap grippers on the back of the helmet, and a P.O.V. Plus visor that allows you to lift the visor and place your goggles on the front of the helmet.
Yet another great feature is the full camera mount integration – a clever interface for your favorite light or camera.
Montaro MIPS also features the Multi-Directional Impact Protection System as standard equipment. We believe that MIPS can provide more protection in certain impacts, and this added “under the hood” technology does not compromise fit, ventilation or style.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|