Giro Feature MIPS Helmet
|Matte White/Lime||Large||Our Price £90.24 RRP £94.99||Low Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
|Matte White/Lime||Medium||Our Price £90.24 RRP £94.99||In Stock|
|Matte White/Lime||Small||Our Price £90.24 RRP £94.99||In Stock|
Giro Feature MIPS Helmet
The Feature Helmet does indeed boast the key features of Giro's top-end Montaratrail lid, but at a more accessible price.
In particular, it brings the extra protection of MIPS to a lower price helmet.
Originally reserved for £100-plus lids, MIPS is probably the most significant upgrade in bike helmet technology since Giro introduced the original RocLoc occipital-wraparound fit belt in 1994.
What is MIPS? Check the video.
- MIPSmeans Multi-directional Impact Protection System.
- MIPS was developed by a team of Swedish brain surgeons and neurologists who tasked themselves with creating a better bicycle helmet dedicated to reducing the rotational acceleration forces to the brain in the event of an angled impact.
- In the capable hands of Giro, MIPS is a super-flexible low friction nylon head-hugging liner, designed to rotate inside the helmet in the event of an impact from any angle.
- MIPS thus helps reduce the resulting rotational energy being transfered to the head - rotational energy that could otherwise cause serious injury to the brain should it violently impact the inside of the skull in the event of a crash.
- MIPS therefore goes a long way to addressing the most frequent criticism of first generation helmets - that they are primarily designed to absorb the energy of a vertical head-on impact, and are less effective at saving you in the event of the type of angled impact, which is more likely to occur.
More Giro Feature Features
- Giro's In Form fit system works especially well with trail lids.
- It's exceptionally easy to fine tune the In Form fit belt via its ergo-dial at the base of the helmet which enables up to 6cm of fit adjustment on the fly - even with gloves on.
- A separate vertical tuning feature adjusts the fore / aft tilt of the helmet on your head to enhance peripheral vision and optimize the fit of the helmet with goggles.
- The chin strap is made with featherweight webbing with a Slimline™ buckle.
- Faster wicking, odour-resistant CoolMax pads.
- Giro's in-mould construction process fuses the outer shell with the impact-absorbing EPS liner.
- In-mould construction effectively reinforces the helmet - especially around the vents and ribs.
- Available in three sizes so you're more likely to achieve a perfect fit than you might with a one-size-fits-all lid: S (51-55cm), M (55-59cm), L (59-63cm).
- Very lightweight for a trail lid - 295g based on weighing a medium Giro Feature MIPS Helmet at Bike Co-op HQ in January 2016.
'The Feature boasts a low-profile shape with more coverage than traditional XC helmets, yet maintains a sleek and slim profile.
Strategically-placed vents radiate heat up and out when you’re climbing at lower speeds and the single-piece In-Mould shell helps durability while keeping weight to a minimum.
When you’re ready to drop-in, our rugged In-Form fit system offers one-handed fit and stability adjustment so you can dial-in the feel and focus on the trail ahead.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|