Giro Empire Road Shoe
- Giro Empire ACC Road Shoe
- The lace-up road bike shoe reinvented
- Easton EC90 ACC carbon fibre sole road bike shoe
|Silver Reflective||43||Our Price £224.99 RRP £249.99||In Stock|
Giro Empire ACC Road Shoe
The Giro Empire ACC is the shoe that brought laces back to the peloton.
Why? Because for all the benefits of velcro, boa and ratchet shoe fit systems, there's still a place for the simplicity and fine-tunability of shoe laces. Plus, laces remain the most readily available, low-cost shoe closures should they ever need replaced.
- The Giro Empire's synthetic leather upper is made from an extremely lightweight and highly breathable Premium Evofiber fabric.
- The fact that each upper is made from a single piece of Premium Microfiber fabric makes for a minimal clean look, a seeker profile and lighter weight.
- Being stitch free, the one-piece upper eliminates an area of potential wear and failure.
- Instead of the mesh panels you'll find on most cycling shoes, the Giro Empire's upper is lightly perforated at the sides and tongue to enhance breathability.
- Empire laces are durable, lightweight and they hold a knot.
- To address fears such as, 'surely you don't want to risk getting your laces caught in the drivetrain', the the shoe's tongue incorporates a lace retainer.
- And what about the stresses on the laces on the upstroke? Giro have addressed this concern by specifying non-slip non-stretch laces and by reinforcing the Empire shoe's two top lace eyelets.
- Easton EC90 ACC carbon fibre sole makes for superb power transfer.
- The sole's super-low 6.5mm stack height minimises the distance between foot and pedal, again to maximise connectivity and power output.
- SuperNatural Footbed Fit Kit comes with three arch supports (low, medium and high) so you can quickly establish which one offers optimal foot support.
- The arch support sticks to the bottom of the footbed to ensure it stays in place.
- The X-Static footbed is permanently anti-microbial, anti-static and anti-stink, and it helps prevent 'hot foot' - a self-descriptive malady that can result from riding in neat fitting cycling shoes.
- Compatible with any Lookor SPD-SL-style 3-bolt pedal cleat (not supplied - cleats come supplied with the pedals not the shoes).
- Manufacturer's published weight per shoe: 215 grams per size 42.5 shoe.
'A Currrent Classic
The Empire™ACC continues to push the boundaries of high-performance cycling shoes. A classic laced closure offers 7 points of fit adjustment and complements the breathable Evofiber™synthetic upper for superb fit and comfort.
The Easton® EC90™ACC full carbon sole offers the stiffness needed for everything from Grand Tours to gran fondos, with ultra-low 6.5mm stack height for a direct connection to the pedals. And our adjustable SuperNatural Fit footbed lets you fine-tune the fit
and arch support for an unmatched blend of performance and style.
The Original Fit System
Once upon a time, nearly every shoe had a laced closure. In the last few decades however, mechanical closures have been developed to mimic the function of laces while providing the ability to adjust fit on-the -fly.
But with each new system, there is always a trade-off to be considered: limited tolerance to grit and grime; added weight; increased exposure to damage in a crash; or less precise fit adjustment.
When we first considered a laced cycling shoe, we weren’t sure it would fly. But in riding and evaluating laced shoes, we quickly fell in love with the benefits that laces provide. And we realized that many of the drawbacks people associated with laces were not due to the laces, but due to the shoe uppers.
Traditional leather uppers and even some early microfiber uppers were prone to stretch with wear and weather. With the latest microfiber materials we can fine tune the structure and pattern of the upper to make the most of a laced closure.
So why laces? Because the fit and feel of a laced shoe is unrivaled. From different lacing patterns to more incremental adjustment points, laces simply provide more range when it comes to fit, and the feel is more natural. They’re also incredibly light weight, easy to replace and hard to destroy in a crash.
Are they for everyone? No. But they are for anyone who wants a shoe that is lighter, more comfortable and reliable
enough to handle a Grand Tour or your most punishing off-road pursuits.'
Giro's Shoe Philosophy
'After years spent riding in shoes that felt more like an Erector set than the supple shoes of old, Giro designers create a line of cycling
shoes that stand out for their simplicity and adaptability. Word spreads that the fit is superb, and the performance is great in spite
of the lack of plastic reinforcement and knickknacks. Happy feet prevail.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|