Giro Women's Civila Road Touring Shoe
|Black/White/Blue||38||Our Price £94.99 RRP £129.99||In Stock|
|Black/White/Blue||39||Our Price £94.99 RRP £129.99||In Stock|
Giro Civila Women's Shoe
Candidate for most cool ladies’ bike shoe ever, the lightweight Giro Civila Shoe’s stiff nylon sole enhances pedaling efficiency without compromising walking efficiency.
The Giro Civila women's cycling shoe boasts many of the features of Giro's Empire shoein a more casual style with walkable SPD cleat compatibility. The shoe’s low-profile microfibre lace-up uppers blend seamlessly with streetwear, so you'll be happy to be seen in these shoes off the bike too.
- The Giro Civila women's shoe is a perfect all-purpose shoe for commuting, touring, training, sportives and general riding around.
- Smart low-profile microfibre uppers.
- Instead of mesh panels, which most cycling shoes feature, the Giro Civila shoe's upper is lightly perforated at the sides and tongue to enhance breathability.
- DuPont Zytel nylon outsoles are stiff at the pedal stomping zone for pedalling efficiency and flexible under the toes so you can walk comfortably in your Giro Civila shoes.
- Mid-foot scuff guards and replaceable high-traction pads offer exceptional grip when you walk in them.
- These pads make for maximum clearance between cleats (if you fit them) and the ground, making Giro Civila among the easiest SPD-style shoes you can walk in.
- The moulded EVA footbed offers medium-level arch support.
- This footbed is cushioned with Aegis anti-microbial-treated micro-suede fabric which helps keep these shoes fresh and comfortable.
- Compatible with any SPD style 2-bolt pedal cleat (not supplied - cleats come supplied with the pedals not the shoes).
- Giro Civila shoes are equally at home on conventional flat pedals.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 550g/pair.
Laces make a comeback on cycling shoes
The re-emergence of lace-up cycling shoes is interesting. Giro make the case that laces enable you to fine tune the tension as precisely as more high tech solutions - perhaps more so if you consider the Civila shoe has seven pairs of eyelets to ensure an optimal snug fit. And should the laces ever wear out, they are routinely replaceable at no great expense.
To address fears such as, 'surely you don't want to risk getting your laces caught in the drivetrain.' Giro have incorporated a retaining 'lace garage' on the shoe's tongue.
And what about the stresses on the laces on the upstroke? Giro have addressed this concern by specifying non-slip non-stretch laces.
With all this going for them, lace-up cycling shoes may well earn the rehabilitation in esteem that leather saddles and wool cycling jerseys have enjoyed in the 21st Century.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|