Giant TCX SLR 1 '16
- Giant TCX SLR 1
- 'The Giant TCX SLR-1 cyclocross bike handles beautifully'
- Cycling Weekly
|Black/Green||Large||Now Only £949.00 Was £1,249.00||In Stock|
Giant TCX SLR 1 '16
Giant created Aluxx SLR - a lighter weight double-butted frameset with unprecedented strength to create a better cross/gravel road bike - the Giant TCX SLR 1.
'The Giant TCX SLR-1 cyclocross bike handles beautifully and comes with a raft of good components.' Cycling Weekly. See full reviewof last year's fundamentally similar Giant TCX.
- As always with Giant, they control every step of the frame building process from raw billet to the final hard-wearing frame finish.
- Giant employ their most advanced forming and welding techniques to create this Aluxx SLR 6011 aluminium double butted alloy frameset.
- State-of-the-art butting makes Aluxx SLR tubing 20 percent thinner (and lighter) than ALUXX SL.
- The frame is further optimised by being FluidFormed (sophisticated manipulation of tubeset shaping via an injection of high-pressure fluid).
- The frame features both smooth weld (double-pass weld technique with hand-sanding to reduce stress risers) and slim weld (custom-fit tube junctures to decrease weld material) welding techniques for minimal weight, maximum strength and the cleanest aesthetics.
- For superb handling matched with fantastic shock damping, the Giant TCX SLR 1 is fronted with Giant's pro-spec full carbon fork with OverDrive 2 steerer.
- The 15mm screw-through axle ensures a secure fork/front hub interface that is almost as easy to operate as a regular roadie QR.
- The Giant PX-2 wheels spin on sealed bearings.
- The utterly reliable Shimano 105 drivetrain is upgraded with an Ultegra rear mech.
- Like more and more of today's most practical bikes, the Giant TCX SLR 1 is disc brake equipped.
The Benefits of Disc Brakes
Proven for over a decade on mountain bikes and better quality hybrids, the benefits of disc brakes are becoming more and more recognised on road bike. Moving the brakes from the mud and rain-attracting wheel rims to the relatively clean hubs makes for an improvement in the brakes’ all-weather all-conditions performance. Disc brake pads are much harder so they last much longer. That's why disc brakes tend to need far less maintenance compared with rim brakes - they don't require such frequent adjustment to compensate for brake pad wear. The wheel rims should also last much longer now that they are no longer being worn down by the brake pads.
TRP Spyre disc brakes
TRP (Tektro Racing Products) Spyre disc brakes deliver confidence-inspiring all-weather performance.
Unlike the majority of mechanical disc brakes, which only have one moving piston, TRP Spyre disc brakes have two. Both pistons move equally against the rotor. The result: more consistent and even braking performance, less likelihood of brake rub and less maintenance required.
'TRP Spyre mechanical disc brakes are the best non-hydraulic road bike and cyclo-cross stoppers we've used.' road.cc.
Giant D-Fuse Seatpost
The Giant Defy 1-proven D-shaped carbon composite seatpost works in tandem with the frame's skinny seatstays to do a remarkable job of damping bad vibes that would otherwise be transmitted from unsmooth road surfaces.
'The future of cyclocross has arrived. Light and agile for racing, versatile and capable for mixed-road adventures.
This all-new high-performance cyclocross machine was designed to excel in the most demanding conditions and built to handle a wide range of adventures. Engineered with premium ALUXX SLR alloy frame tubing and an OverDrive 2 steerer tube, it’s light and agile enough to burn up any ’cross course in all kinds of conditions. Its innovative technologies, including 135mm rear wheel spacing, disc brakes and a 15mm front thru-axle, improve its performance as well as its versatility. With asymmetrical chainstays for pedalling stiffness, plus clean internal cable routing and a compliant D-Fuse SL composite seatpost, you’re ready for anything.'
|Giant TCX SLR 1 '16|
|Colour:||Black / Green / Blue|
|Frame:||ALUXX SLR-Grade Aluminum with hidden rack mounts|
|Fork:||Advanced-Grade Composite, Full-Composite OverDrive 2 Steerer|
|Hubs:||Giant Performance Tracker Road, Sealed Bearing,15mm thru axle||Spokes:||Stainless steel|
|Rims:||Giant P-X2 Disc Wheelset|
|Tyres:||Maxxis Mud Wrestler, 60 TPI Folding , 700x33mm|
|Shift levers:||Shimano 105 22 speed|
|Front mech:||Shimano 105|
|Rear mech:||Shimano Ultegra|
|Cassette:||Shimano 105 11x28|
|Crankset:||Shimano RS500 36/46|
|Bottom bracket:||Shimano PressFit|
|Seatpost:||Giant D-Fuse SL Composite|
|Saddle:||Giant Performance Road|
|Front brakes:||TRP Spyre mechanical disc Alloy arm 160mm|
|Rear brakes:||TRP Spyre mechanical disc Alloy arm 160mm|
|Brake levers:||Shimano 105|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|