Giant TCR Advanced 1 '16
- Giant TCR Advanced 1
- Proven carbon road bike frame
- Shimano Ultegra equipped
|Composite/Lime||Medium/Large||Now Only £1,249.00 Was £1,499.00||In Stock|
Giant TCR Advanced 1
A near-full Shimano Ultegra groupset (including chainset, cassette and brakes) helps you make the most of one of the world's most highly evolved carbon road race frames - the Giant TCR Advanced.
Ride the Giant TCR Advanced and the word that comes to mind is, 'purposeful'? A TCR feels firm and never twitchy. This translates as speedy on climbs, very fast on the flat and confidence-inspiring on the downhill.
Check how the seat tube is curved to bring the rear wheel forward and shorten the wheelbase. This translates as sharp, responsive handling.
Giant Advanced Grade Composite Frame
Every Defy Advanced composite frame is hand made by Giant in their own specialist carbon frame-building facility, using the following process.
- Blending performance-grade Toray T700 carbon filament and resin with vibration-absorbing particles helps maximise frame strength and rider comfort.
- Modified Monocoque Construction: the front triangle is assembled and moulded as one continuous piece.
- The main frame is then joined to the rear chainstays and seatstays in a secondary process.
- This process eliminates the outermost woven composite sheet to reduce weight without affecting ride quality, strength or stiffness.
Watch the Giant video: from raw carbon threads to finished machine.
Giant TCR Advanced 1 Features
- The Advanced Grade Composite frame delivers an optimal balance of speed, responsiveness and shock-damping comfort.
- The lightweight shock-absorbing Advanced Grade Composite carbon fork legs further contribute to the Giant Defy Advanced's responsive, fast-steering, exciting ride.
- The fork's Giant OverDrive Steerer tapers from one and an eighth inch external diameter at the top to inch and a quarter at the crown.
- As well as reinforcing the front end of the bike, oversizing the bottom of the steerer helps eliminate flex-induced brake juddering.
- Classic road bike geometry (73 degree head and seat tube angles) for speed and confidence-inspiring handling.
- The new-for-2016 Variant Integrated carbon seatpost balances compliance and efficiency for a superior race-tuned ride quality.
- The transmission and dual pivot brakes are so smooth and confidence inspiring, they reveal just why Shimano 105 is the world's best-selling road groupset.
- As well as building their own frames and forks, Giant extrude their own rims to build their own high quality sealed-bearing wheels.
- Giant then equip their wheels with their own front and rear specific 700x23 folding tyres.
- Controlling every aspect of designing, engineering and building the wheelset ensures every component works perfectly with its partner to create a more laterally stiff wheel which will take less effort to accelerate faster.
'Giant TCR Advanced
Race Winning efficiency. Improved ride quality. Agile geometry. New and updated, the total race bike for road.
For all-round road racers, a perfect balance of stiffness, light weight and smooth compliance is the key to success. With its Advanced grade composite frameset, the all-new TCR Advanced meets every demand. The frame is lighter, but it still retains its pedal stomping stiffness. The OverDrive steerer system and MegaDrive downtube are engineered for precise handling. The all-new Variant seatpost improves ride quality so you stay fresh until the finish on those big days in the saddle.'
|Giant TCR Advanced 1|
|Sizes||S, M, ML, L, XL|
|Colours||Composite / Lime / White|
|Frame||Advanced -Grade Composite|
|Fork||Advanced-Grade Composite, Hybrid OverDrive steerer|
|Seatpost||Giant Variant Composite|
|Saddle||Giant Performance Road|
|Shifters||Shimano Ultegra 22 speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Ultegra|
|Cassette||Shimano Ultegra 11x28|
|Crankset||Shimano Ultegra 34/50|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano PressFit|
|Hubs||Giant Performance Tracker Road, Sealed Bearing|
|Tyres||Giant P-SL1, Front and Rear Specific, 700x23mm, Folding|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|