Giant Revolt 2 '14
- The Giant Revolt is a more versatile road bike.
- SRAM BB5 disc brakes.
- Full mudguard compatible.
|Charcoal||Extra Large||£799.00||In Stock|
Giant Revolt 2 '14
The new Giant Revolt falls into the 'adventure road' AKA 'disc brake road' AKA 'gravel grinder' category of drop bar road bikes that are more than capable of a spot of off-road adventure.
As with any bike, the tyres define the Giant Revolt's capabilities. The Giant Revolt comes with Giant's own P-RX2 puncture resistant 700x35 tyres. That is, they're a similar width to most cross tyres but smoother rolling.
If you are thinking of crossing over from mountain biking to road biking, or if you are a road biker looking for an all-weather machine, you'll be delighted to discover that the Revolt comes superbly equipped with SRAM BB5 mechanical disc brakes, and that it is full mudguard compatible.
- Giant's Aluxx-SL 6011 aluminium frame is double butted so it's lighter weight than Giant's benchmark Aluxx 6061 single butted frame.
- The lightweight shock-absorbing carbon fork legs go a long way to creating a responsive, fast-steering, exciting ride.
- The fork's Giant OverDrive Steerer tapers from one and an eighth inch external diameter at the top to inch and a quarter at the crown.
- As well as reinforcing the front end of the bike, oversizing the bottom of the steerer helps eliminate flex-induced brake juddering.
- As well as building their own frames and forks, Giant extrude their own rims to build their own high quality wheels.
- Giant then equip these wheels with their own front and rear specific Giant P-RX2 700x35mm Puncture Protect tyres.
- Famed for their ball bearing action, SRAM (previously AVID) BB5s are regularly rated among best mechanical disc brakes money can buy.
- Tektro RL-720 bar-top brake levers augment the Shimano Claris STIs and make it easier to control your speed while cruising along with your hands on the tops of the Giant Connect XR Ergo-Control bars.
- Shimano's new Claris 2400 shifters and mechs takes care of the wide range (50/34 rings x 11-32 cassette) 2x8 gear shifting.
- Shimano Claris is a true STI (Shimano Total Integration) Dual Control setup with finger-operated levers (as opposed of the buttons Shimano employed on previous year's 2300 shifters).
- Claris shifters therefore offer the same familiar action you get on all Shimano dual control shifters - Sora, Tiagra, 105, Ultegra and Dura-Ace.
- STI means Shimano Total Integration. The gear shifters are integrated with the brake levers so you can change gear any time without having to remove your hands from the brake lever hoods.
'Giant Aluxx Aluminium Frames
From the manipulation of atomic grain structures to our advanced forming and welding techniques, Giant has been at the forefront of aluminium engineering for more than 30 years. Today, ALUXX Aluminium Technology represents the pinnacle of alloy performance.
A heritage of craftsmanship combined with unmatched manufacturing capabilities gives Giant the unique ability to monitor every step of the aluminium frame-building process. Through our cutting-edge materials science, proprietary forming techniques, and attention to detail, we are constantly advancing aluminium performance to create bikes that are lighter, stronger and stiffer. The difference can be felt in the ride. Every aluminium bike bearing the ALUXX Aluminium Technology label must live up to the highest standards and meet the tightest tolerances of any aluminium frame in the world.
Dirt roads. Unpaved mountain passes. gravel grinders. no mission is too great for the adventurous new Revolt.
This versatile new machine opens a world of opportunity for adventurous, performance-minded riders. The lightweight ALUXX SL frame features endurance oriented geometry and plenty of room for large 700x35+ diameter tyres make the Revolt ideal for comfort and control in constantly changing conditions. Disc brakes and a wide, ergo-shaped handlebar with shorter reach and drop also help boost confidence on rough roads. Details include full-length cable housing for smooth shifting performance in bad weather conditions and the X-Defender down tube guard to protect the rider and bike from dirt and debris.'
Giant bikes are the only bicycle company that builds every frame from scratch. This makes Giant bikes the Michelin 5 star chefs of the cycle industry. From raw aluminium ore to the final hard lacquered finish, Giant control every aspect of the production of every one of their trademark Aluxx alloy frames. Same with their incredible carbon creations. From weaving the fine Toray filament to the final finished frame, every Giant composite frame is the result of a painstaking 13-day process. Matching this level of quality control with the unique economies of scale that accrue from building 6 million bicycles a year ensures the premium quality that Giant bikes consistently achieve at competitive down-to-earth prices.
See all Road Bikes from Giant
See all products from Giant
See all Road Bikes
|Sizes||S, M, ML, L, XL|
|Frame||ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminium|
|Fork||Advanced-Grade Composite, Alloy OverDrive Steerer|
|Handlebar||Giant Connect XR Ergo-Control, 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Giant Connect Composite|
|Saddle||Giant Connect Forward|
|Shifters||Shimano Claris 16 speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Claris|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Claris|
|Brakes||SRAM BB5 Road mechanical disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano 2400, w/ Tektro RL720 Sub Lever|
|Cassette||Shimano HG51 11-32|
|Crankset||FSA Tempo 50/34|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA Cartridge|
|Hubs||Formula alloy disc hubs|
|Tyres||Giant P-RX2 700x35mm, Puncture Protect|
|Weight||11.9kg / 26.24lbs|
This weight is based upon a medium sized example of this bike. We weighed the complete bike as you would receive it, complete with pedals and EN / BS-approved reflectors and bell.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|