Giant Full E+ 1 '16
- Try one out today - ask instore
- The best e-mountain bike we've ridden
- Fox-equipped electric mountain bike
|Sunburst Orange/Race Yellow||Large||Now Only £2,399.00 Was £3,199.00 Then £2,699.00||In Stock|
Giant Full E+ 1 '16
This is the Giant Full E+ upgraded with a Fox Performance Float fork and shock. This is a good thing because Fox forks and shox are renowned for their build quality, their smoother action and their incredible sensitivity.
Giant Full E+ overview
This bike allows you to experience the sheer enjoyment of riding a 130mm-travel full suspension mountain bike from one of the great names in cycling, with the added bonus of automatic power assist up to 25KPH via its 80Nm torque Yamaha motor.
The result: a trail-worthy mountain bike that makes the climbs almost as pleasurable as the downhills, as shown on this video.
Giant Full E+ - the e-bike part
- Power assist comes courtesy of the Yamaha X94 SyncDrive Performance 80Nm torque motor, which is the smallest, lightest, quietest and highest power motor Giant have ever used on an e-bike.
- The Giant PedalPlus 4-sensor precisely measures the amount of force you're applying to the pedals and delivers a seamless power boost.
- The system combines speed and torque sensors with motor and pedal rotation sensors to produce even power across the entire gear range.
- The result is predictable power that feels totally natural.
- Centre Drive - the motor unit is mounted at bottom bracket level to power the crank (in contrast with most e-bikes which are front or rear hub drive).
- Most riders find Centre Drive power assist feels more natural than a hub-drive system.
- With its lower centre of gravity a Centre Drive e-bike feels more stable and balanced than one with a motor integrated with the front or rear hub.
- Giant RideControl LCD - this bar-mounted cycle computer is the bike's speedo/odometer and the motor's on/off switch.
- The RideControl computer makes it easy to set the riding mode as required: standard power assist, sport mode (maximum power assist) or eco mode (maximum run time).
- The Giant EnergyPak 36V Lithium-Ion 500Wh rechargeable battery is one very impressive fuel tank.
- Giant reckon a fully charged battery will be good for 30-plus miles of power assist in the most challenging conditions (that is a heavy rider, cycling hilly terrain in max power-assist sport mode).
- The battery can be charged in situ or can be quickly removed (it's key-accessed for security).
- A fuel gauge on the down tube offers a secondary alert to the battery's charge level.
Giant Full E+ the mountain bike part
- The SL-grade AluxX alloy frame is strong and true as we've come to expect from Giant.
- Giant's Smart Link 130mm-travel full suspension is fully active - it's equally efficient at dealing with ripple bumps and big hits.
- Smart Link is a single pivot design made for single chainring transmissions.
- The pivot point is on the chainline to minimise bobbing and maximise pedalling efficiency.
- The Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5x2.25-inch tyres are fitted to Giant's own quality wheels.
- The Shimano Deore 1x10 Rapidfire shifter and Shadow derailleur offer a super wide range of gears in a simple, single chainring format.
The benefits of a Shimano 1x10 drivetrain
- Thanks to its 11-36 tooth 10-speed cassette, you get a massive gear range in a simplified format comprising a single shifter, a single gear mech and a single chainring.
- Doing away with the front derailleur, the LH shifter and one or two chainrings means less weight, less complication and less to go wrong.
- This 1 x 10 transmission delivers benefits any cyclist can appreciate.
- The beginner will be spared learning about what they have to push or pull on each lever to get into a lower or higher gear.
- With a single lever, gear shifting becomes immediately more straightforward.
- Even massively experienced racing mountain bikers appreciate this simplicity in the heat of competition.
- No more 'double shifting' to get in the right gear.
- The Shimano Deore Shadow Plus rear derailleur features a chain stabilising switch and a single tension spring to help prevent chain-slap and dropped chains when riding rough terrain.
Why Giant and E-mountain bikes are a perfect fit
- Giant have 30 years experience manufacturing some of the worlds' best mountain bikes.
- Giant hybrid electric bikes are among the most reliable we've tested over the past decade.
- Marry these two technologies and you get a trail-ready hardtail mountain bike, turbo-charged with an 80Nm torque central motor, which helps guarantee climbs will no longer be grinds.
- To put 80Nm in perspective, that's around one fifth the torque of the engine of a small car, which will weigh around 50 times more than this bike.
- Like every Giant, their Full E+ bikes are made from scratch.
- Its AluxX frame is manufactured in-house from the raw aluminium ore, via the smelting process, to the tube shaping, butting, hydroforming, welding and heat treating, to the final highly-protective paint finish.
- Every Giant electric bike is made in one of their own e-bike dedicated factories.
Edinburgh Bicycle support recycling electrical equipment.
|Giant Full E+ 1|
|Sizes||S, M, L|
|Colours||Sunburst Orange / Race Yellow|
|Frame||ALUXX SL-grade aluminium, 130mm SmartLink suspension system|
|Fork||FOX Performance 34 Float 140 FIT4 3-Position Lever, 1⅛"~1½"-OverDrive tapered steerer, 15mm thru-axle|
|Shock||FOX Performance Float 3-Position Lever|
|Shifter||Shimano Deore Dyna-Sys M610 1x10|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore XT Dyna-Sys Shadow Plus M786|
|Brakes||Shimano M447 (Deore-Series) Hydraulic Disc RT66 rotors (203/180mm)|
|Brake Levers||Shimano M506 (Deore-Series)|
|Cassette||Shimano Dyna-Sys HG50-10f. (Deore-Series), 11-36|
|Crankset||GIANT by FSA CK-746-1/IS, ISIS spline, Aluminium|
|Handlebars||Giant Connect TR 730x31,8mm|
|Seatpost||Giant Contact SL Switch-Remote|
|Rims||GIANT SXC-2 Disc, ETRTO 19-584|
|Hubs||GIANT by Formula SXC, 15mm- / DT Swiss RWS 12x142mm|
|Spokes||Niro 2.0 black, 32/32|
|Tyres||Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evolution, foldable, SnakeSkin, 60-584, TrailStar / PaceStar|
|HYBRID CYCLING TECHNOLOGY (PEDAL ASSIST)|
|Motor||Giant SyncDrive C, Evolution line, Yamaha X94, 80Nm torque, Giant PedalPlus 4-sensor technology|
|Controller||Giant RideControl LCD|
|Display||Giant RideControl LCD|
|Battery||EnergyPak 500Wh battery|
|Sunburst Orange/Race Yellow||Large||4712878068070|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|