Giant Defy 4 '16
- Giant Defy 4
- Giant's entry-level Defy sportive road bike
- Now with carbon fork
|Black||Extra Small||Now Only £420.00 Was £525.00||In Stock|
|Black||Large||Now Only £420.00 Was £525.00||In Stock|
|Black||Medium/Large||Now Only £420.00 Was £525.00||In Stock|
Giant Defy 4
With its Aluxx aluminium frame; carbon composite fork legs and OverDrive steerer, this entry-level model has all the key features that make the Defy the first name in alloy-frame endurance road bikes.
Endurance Road Bikes
Giant's endurance road bikes' classic road bike frame geometry (72.5 degree head tube angle / 73.5 degree seat tube angle for medium-size frame) delivers a fast, engaging ride with engineered-in comfort.
The Defy remains a true road bike. It just happens to be designed to be less stretched out and more comfortable for most riders, especially over longer distances. That's why endurance road bikes such as the Giant Defy are sometimes referred to as comfort road bikes or sportive bikes.
Giant Defy Overview
Defy is Giants best-selling range of aluminium-frame road bikes.
Defy bikes are legendary for offering a ride quality close to the very best four-figure carbon road bikes (such as the Giant Defy Advanced) at three-figure alloy bike prices. That is, a ride with engineered-in compliance without diluting the speed potential and exhilaration you expect from an authentic, lightweight road bike.
Every 2016 Defy retains Giant’s proven sportive geometry so the bike never feels flat or dull. It responds like a road bike to your efforts. You pedal: it goes.
- Rather than relying on swing arms, dampers and split tubes to create a smoother riding bike, Giant obsess over frame tube fabrication and manipulation to create the optimal balance of light weight, compliance and lateral stiffness.
- Engineered-in features such as the ‘flattened’ top tube and skinny seat stays make the frame more compliant.
- The Defy’s lightweight carbon fork legs also go a long way to creating a responsive, fast-steering, exciting ride with a welcome degree of shock-absorption.
- It’s fast but forgiving nature makes a Defy an excellent choice for a 100-kilometre sportive.
Giant Defy 4 details
- The ALUXX single butted 6061 aluminium frameset is built from scratch by the world's most experienced alloy frame builders - Giant.
- Giant's endurance road geometry with its slightly longer head tube and longer wheelbase creates a fast exciting bike that doesn’t ignore your comfort needs.
- The lightweight shock-absorbing carbon composite fork legs go a long way to creating such a smooth ride.
- The fork's Giant OverDrive Steerer tapers from one and an eighth inch external diameter at the top to inch and a quarter at the crown.
- As well as reinforcing the front end of the bike, oversizing the bottom of the steerer helps eliminate flex-induced brake juddering.
- As well as building their own frames and forks, Giant extrude their own rims to build their own high quality wheels.
- Giant then equip their wheels with their own-design front and rear specific 700x25 tyres with Flatguard puncture protection.
- Controlling every aspect of designing, engineering and building the wheelset ensures every component works perfectly with its partner to create a more laterally stiff wheel which will take less effort to accelerate faster.
- The tyre fits the rim as though it was made for it - which it was.
- Shimano Claris 2400 shifters and mechs takes care of the gear shifting.
- Shimano Claris is a true STI (Shimano Total Integration) 2x8-speed Dual Control setup which employs a similar action to long-established Shimano Sora, Tiagra and 105 STI dual control shifters.
- STI means Shimano Total Integration. The gear shifters are integrated with the brake levers so you can change gear any time without having to remove your hands from the brake lever hoods.
- Matching the FSA Tempo 50/34 compact chainset with an 11-32 SRAM cassette offers a wider range of gears than you would find on a traditional road bike.
- This gearing makes the Giant Defy 4 suitable for the type of challenging, varied terrain you would typically encounter at a sportive or similar long-distance ride.
- The PowerCore oversize bottom bracket and asymmetrical chainstays stiffen up the drive-side for a noticeable improvement in climbing / acceleration performance.
- Tektro caliper brakes borrow Shimano's Dual Pivot technology to deliver consistent, low-maintenance, modulated braking performance.
Get fit, get fast and get more miles with this lightweight, smooth and comfortable aluminium road machine.
Created by the world’s leading aluminium frame engineers, the award winning Defy has earned its reputation for delivering big time performance to everyday road riders. Born in Giant’s own in house aluminium forging facility and engineered with ALUXX aluminium technology, it gives you the perfect blend of speed, comfort and control. Frame technologies include the OverDrive steerer tube for stiffness and sharp steering, plus a PowerCore oversized bottom bracket area for stiff, efficient power transfer.
|Giant Defy 4|
|Sizes||XS, S, M, ML, L, XL|
|Colours||White / Dark Blue / Silver or Black / White / Orange|
|Fork||Hybrid Composite, OverDrive Steerer|
|Seatpost||Giant Sport 30.9mm|
|Saddle||Giant Performance Road|
|Pedals||Wellgo with clips and straps|
|Shifters||Shimano Claris 16 speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Claris|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Claris|
|Brakes||Tektro TK-R312 Giant Specific, Dual Pivot|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Claris|
|Cassette||SRAM PG 850 11x32|
|Crankset||FSA Tempo 34/50|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA cartridge|
|Hubs||Giant Tracker Sport Road|
|Tyres||Giant S-R4, Flat Guard, Front and Rear Specific, 700x25mm|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|