Giant Defy 2 '16
- Giant Defy 2 sportive road bike
- Double-butted 6011 Aluxx SL frame tubes
- Giant D-Fuse carbon seatpost for extra comfort
|Blue||Large||Now Only £599.20 Was £749.00||In Stock|
Giant Defy 2
Upgraded with a lighter weight Aluxx SL frame and Giant's unique D-Fuse carbon seatpost, the Defy 2 is arguably the best value bike in this year's range of Giant Endurance Road Bikes.
Upgrades from Giant Defy 3
Giant Aluxx SL frame tubes
- Aluxx SL frame tubes are a finer-grain double-butted 6011 aluminium alloy for optimal strength:weight ratio.
- The skinnier seatstays join the front triangle lower down the seat tube to create an even tighter rear triangle for quicker, more responsive steering.
- The more acute the seat stay angle, the better the compliance.
- The resulting tighter rear triangle maximises power output and makes the whole bike feel more ‘alive’, responsive and quicker steering.
Giant D-Fuse Seatpost
The Giant D-shaped carbon composite seatpost works in tandem with the skinny seatstays to do a remarkable job of damping bad vibes that would otherwise be transmitted from unsmooth road surfaces.
Shimano Tiagra 2x10 Shifting
- New Shimano Tiagra shifters boast concealed cable routing under the bar tape (previously reserved for Dura-Ace, Ultegra and 105) for a neater finish, while the front mech's longer link arm delivers faster gear shifts.
- Lighter weight slicker-shifting Shimano Tiagra chainset with press-fit bottom bracket.
Same as Giant Defy 3
Endurance Road Bikes
Giant's endurance road bikes' classic road bike frame geometry (72.5 degree head tube angle / 73.5 degree seat tube angle for medium-size frame) delivers a fast, engaging ride with engineered-in comfort.
The Defy remains a true road bike. It just happens to be designed to be less stretched out and more comfortable for most riders, especially over longer distances. That's why endurance road bikes such as the Giant Defy are sometimes referred to as comfort road bikes or sportive bikes.
Giant Defy Overview
Defy is Giants best-selling range of aluminium-frame road bikes.
Defy bikes are legendary for offering a ride quality close to the very best four-figure carbon road bikes (such as the Giant Defy Advanced) at three-figure alloy bike prices. That is, a ride with engineered-in compliance without diluting the speed potential and exhilaration you expect from an authentic, lightweight road bike.
Every 2016 Defy retains Giant’s proven sportive geometry so the bike never feels flat or dull. It responds like a road bike to your efforts. You pedal: it goes.
- Rather than relying on swing arms, dampers and split tubes to create a smoother riding bike, Giant obsess over frame tube fabrication and manipulation to create the optimal balance of light weight, compliance and lateral stiffness.
- Engineered-in features such as the ‘flattened’ top tube and skinny seat stays make the frame more compliant.
- The Defy’s lightweight carbon fork legs also go a long way to creating a responsive, fast-steering, exciting ride with a welcome degree of shock-absorption.
- It’s fast but forgiving nature makes a Defy an excellent choice for a 100-kilometre sportive.
'Built on a frame made with lightweight ALUXX SL aluminium and proven Defy endurance geometry, the Defy is a versatile choice for everyday road rides or long weekend adventures. Featuring the D-Fuse seatpost to smooth out the ride, it’s a well mannered machine even on less than perfect roads. And its combination of the OverDrive tapered steerer tube and PowerCore bottom bracket ensures precise handling and maximum pedalling efficiency, helping you stay at the head of the pack.'
|Sizes||S, M, ML, L, XL|
|Colours||Dark Blue / Black / Silver|
|Frame||ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum|
|Fork||Hybrid Composite, OverDrive Steerer|
|Seatpost||Giant D-Fuse Composite|
|Saddle||Giant Performance Road|
|Pedals||Wellgo with clips and straps|
|Shifters||Shimano Tiagra 20 speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra|
|Brakes||Tektro TK-R312 Giant Specific, Dual Pivot|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Tiagra|
|Cassette||Shimano Tiagra 11x32|
|Crankset||Shimano Tiagra 34/50|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano PressFit|
|Hubs||Giant Tracker Sport Road|
|Tyres||Giant S-R4, Flat Guard, Front and Rear Specific, 700x25mm|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|