Giant Contend 2 2017
- Giant's new intro to road bikes
- Takes over where Giant Defy left off
- Sportive-ready road bike
|Blue/Orange||Extra Large||£525.00||To be Ordered|
|Blue/Orange||Extra Small||£525.00||To be Ordered|
|White/Black||Extra Large||£525.00||To be Ordered|
|White/Black||Extra Small||£525.00||To be Ordered|
|White/Black||Large||£525.00||To be Ordered|
|White/Black||Medium||£525.00||To be Ordered|
|White/Black||Medium/Large||£525.00||To be Ordered|
|White/Black||Small||£525.00||To be Ordered|
Giant Contend 2 2017
Like its predecessor, the GIANT Defy 4, the Contend 2 combines comfort with speed to create one of the best sportive-ready road bikes for the money.
Upgraded over last year's Giant Defy 4 with shorter seatstays for even snappier handling, the new Giant Contend 2, crucially, still comes equipped with, arguably, the best frame and fork for the money: a Giant ALUXX-Grade butted aluminium frame and a Giant Hybrid Composite fork.
- The ALUXX single butted 6061 aluminium frameset is built from scratch by the world's most experienced alloy frame builders - Giant.
- Giant's classic road bike frame geometry (72.5 degree head tube angle / 73 degree seat tube angle for medium-size frame) delivers a fast, engaging ride with engineered-in comfort.
- Giant's endurance road geometry with its slightly longer head tube and longer wheelbase creates a fast exciting bike that doesn’t ignore your comfort needs.
- The lightweight shock-absorbing carbon composite fork legs go a long way to creating such a smooth ride.
- The fork's Giant OverDrive Steerer tapers from one and an eighth inch external diameter at the top to inch and a quarter at the crown.
- As well as reinforcing the front end of the bike, oversizing the bottom of the steerer helps eliminate flex-induced brake juddering.
- As well as building their own frames and forks, Giant extrude their own rims to build their own high quality wheels.
- Giant then equip their wheels with their own-design front and rear specific 700x25 tyres.
- Controlling every aspect of designing, engineering and building the wheelset ensures every component works perfectly with its partner to create a more laterally stiff wheel which will take less effort to accelerate faster.
- STI means Shimano Total Integration. The gear shifters are integrated with the brake levers so you can change gear any time without having to remove your hands from the brake lever hoods.
- Matching the FSA Tempo 50/34 compact chainset with an 11-32 SRAM cassette offers a wider range of gears than you would find on a traditional road bike.
- This gearing makes the Giant Contend 2 suitable for the type of challenging, varied terrain you would typically encounter at a sportive or similar long-distance ride.
- Tektro caliper brakes borrow Shimano's Dual Pivot technology to deliver consistent, low-maintenance, modulated braking performance.
'A SMOOTHER RIDE EQUALS A BETTER EXPERIENCE ON THE ROAD. FEEL THE DIFFERENCE WITH THE CONFIDENT NEW CONTEND
Designed and developed for aspiring riders looking to elevate their experience on the road, the all-new Contend is the result of a dedicated approach to road performance. Born in Giant’s own in-house aluminium forging facility and engineered with ALUXX aluminium technology, it features geometry that’s specifically aimed at confident performance in variable terrain and road conditions. It’s the perfect blend of speed, comfort and control.'
|Giant Contend 2|
|Sizes||XS, S, M, ML, L, XL|
|Fork||Hybrid Composite, OverDrive Aluminium Steerer|
|Saddle||Giant Contact Forward|
|Pedals||Wellgo Clip and strap type|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Claris|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Claris|
|Brakes||Tektro R3112 dual pivot|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Claris|
|Cassette||SRAM PG 850 11x32|
|Crankset||FSA Tempo 34/50|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA Cartridge|
|Rims||Giant SR 2 Wheel Set|
|Hubs||Giant Tracker Sport Road|
|Tyres||Giant S-R4, Front and Rear Specific, 700x25mm|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|