|Union Jack||26||£295.00||In Stock|
With its 26 inch wheels and 16 inch frame, the Frog 73 is a perfect fit for youngsters from around 12 years old.
Bigger wheels - better ride
The Frog 73 is built on a 16-inch frame that takes adult size 26 inch wheels. Everything else being equal, 26 inch-wheels are faster than smaller wheels and they are more capable of rolling over obstacles.
26 inch wheels can also be more convenient. If fellow family members ride 26 inch wheel mountain bikes or hybrids, you can share the same spare tubes and so on when you go out together.
Frog bikes, like most better-quality adult bicycles, are built on aluminium frames with (mostly) aluminium parts to keep their weight to a minimum. What makes Frog really stand out is that their forks, hubs, bars, stems, seatposts, V-brakes & levers are all alloy too. This makes a Frog bike kilos lighter than most of their competitors' equivalent sized kids' bikes.
Another original detail is that the Frog 73 comes with lightweight alloy quick release wheels fitted with good quality Kenda 26 x 1.5 inch hybrid tyres which will be easier rolling than the 26 x 2 inch knobbly mountain bike tyres you'll find on most of their competitors' bikes. Skinnier tyres make a Frog bike easier to accelerate and hence more fun to ride much of the time.
Second pair of tyres
Having said that, if you young-one wants to get more adventurous, you'll be delighted to hear that the Frog 73 comes supplied with a second pair of knobbly mountain bike tyres. That way, a simple tyre swap will make the bike fit for dirt tracks and trail centres.
More size choice for just the right fit
To further guarantee the best fit possible, Frog offer an alternative 26 inch wheeler with a smaller frame. If your youngster can't safely straddle a Frog 73, you should investigate the equally impressive Frog 69.
Technical attributes aside, this is no ugly frog. Frog bikes look good, so your child should be really proud to own one. To help ensure the bike delights, Frog bicycles are available in a choice of colours.
Frog's passion for making better bikes for kids shines through in this video.
More good things about the Frog 73
- Lightweight aluminium alloy frame (16 inch seat tube) and fork.
- Easy to use high quality Shimano Alivio Rapidfire Plus 8-speed gear shifter and Altus rear derailleur.
- While their competitors make do with entry level Shimano Tourney gearing, Frog hybrid bikes come with mid-range Shimano Alivio/Altus, frequently spec'd on £500-£600 adult bikes.
- The alloy cranks are a child-friendly short (146mm) length with 34t chainring.
- The sealed bottom bracket ensures these cranks spin freely.
- The aluminium wheels are quick release so there is no need to carry a spanner to change the inner tube
- The 520mm alloy handlebar is fitted with narrow grips for smaller hands.
- This bars are fitted to a short 40mm alloy stem to keep them within easy reach.
- Tektro alloy V-brakes with alloy levers are a common sight on good quality £300-£400 adult bikes.
- The saddle is fitted to a full-length 300mm long x 27.2mm diameter seatpost to ensure this bike 'grows' with the young rider.
- The QR (quick release) seat binder facilitates easy seat adjustment.
- Minimum recommended inside leg measurement to the floor: 73cm.
- Minimum recommended child height: 158cm.
- Approximate age range: from 12/14 years old.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 10.kg.
|Frame||Aluminium 16 inch Frog 73 Frame|
|Bottom Bracket||110.5mm Sealed Bottom Bracket|
|Crank Set||146mm Aluminium Black Crank|
|Chain Ring||Steel 34 Teeth|
|Chain Guard||Integral Black Chain Guard|
|Brakes||Tektro 836AL Aluminum V Brake Black|
|Brake Levers||Tektro Aluminium JL510-TS V Brake Lever Black|
|Stem||Frog Bikes Aluminium 40mm Stem|
|Handlebar||Frog Bikes Aluminum Straight Handlebar Width 520mm|
|Grip||Frog Bikes Specific Slim Grips|
|Saddle||Frog Bikes Saddle Size:234*143mm, Black, adjustable rails for better fit|
|Seat Post||Aluminum 27.2 with Quick Release for easy adjustment|
|Pedal||Plastic with Ball Bearings and Reflectors|
|Rim||Aluminium 26" x 1.5" 28 holes Black (Weight:504g) and Quick Release for easy removal of wheels|
|Hubs||Aluminium 28 holes|
|Tyres||Kenda 26" x 1.5" hybrid tyres. (Supplied with 2nd set of MTB knobbly tyres).|
|Tubes||Kenda 26" x 1.5" with Schrader Valves|
|Right Hand Gear Shifter||Shimano Alivio Rapidfire Plus 8-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Altus RD-M310|
|Cassette||Shimano 8 Speed Index 12-32T|
|Mudguard||Plastic Mudguards front and rear|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|