Focus Planet TR 3.0 SLX '13
- The all-black Focus Planet TR 3.0 is one of the fastest, stealthiest hybrid/commuter bikes on the planet.
- Shimano 3x9 Deore shifters and Shimano SLX mechs deliver a ride-anywhere range (48/36/26 chainrings on 11-32 cassette) of sweet-shifting gears.
- The Tektro HDC300 stoppers are so smooth, controllable, effective and low maintenance, you'll be wondering why all commuter/hybrid bikes don't come with hydraulic disc brakes.
|Black||42cm||Was £798.99 Now Only £648.99||In Stock|
Focus Planet TR 3.0 SLX
One of the fastest, stealthiest hybrid/commuter bikes on the planet.
Focus are so well regarded in their native Germany their compatriots, Continental, produce a special all-black edition of their 70x35 Urban tyres to match the Planet TR’s triple-butted alloy frame’s ‘Magicblack’ finish.
The Shimano 3x9 Deore shifters and the Shimano SLX mechs carry through this bike’s all-black high performance / low-key vibe.
The Tektro HDC300 stoppers are so smooth, controllable, effective and low maintenance, you'll be wondering why all commuter/hybrid bikes don't come with hydraulic disc brakes.
Thanks to the Focus Planet's 'adjustable' rear right hand dropout, this is one of the few derailleur-equipped bikes that can easily cope with a conversion to hub gears and a Gates drive belt in the future.
- Every Focus bicycle is built in their own facility in Germany.
- Their focus is to manufacture premium quality bicycles at great value prices.
- Focus bicycles are built to be ridden hard.
- Focus acknowledge their bikes will lead a hard life. To keep them looking great, every Focus frame is primed with an indestructible lacquer, then it is powder coated. The colour is applied to the electro-statically charged frames in the form of fine powder for a tougher, more scratch resistant finish.
Focus is a German bicycle company, founded in 1993 by Mike Kluge when he was reigning UCI Professional Cyclo-Cross World Champion. With their road and cycle-cross bikes starting at Shimano Tiagra 10-speed level, and their cheapest mountain bikes, XT-equipped, Focus don't really do 'entry level', as we know it. Instead, Focus are recognised as the bicycling equivalent of their German neighbours Audi and Mercedes. That is they exclusively produce performance bicycles to meet the demands of cycling enthusiasts, right up to Team Rapha Focus and Team Focus AG2R pro level. However, unlike those aforementioned automobile companies, Focus are renowned for delivering exceptional German quality control at comparatively affordable prices.
Check out Focus bikes for yourself on this website and at every Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op shop. For more in-depth info, visit our Focus Blog.
See all Commuter/Hybrid Bikes from Focus
See all products from Focus
See all Commuter/Hybrid Bikes
|Frame||Planet, alloy, triple butted|
|Fork||Planet alloy disc|
|Number of Gears||Shimano HG-30|
|Gear ratio||front 48/36/26, rear 11-32|
|Brake lever / Shifter||Tektro HDC-300|
|Rims||Concept EX 300|
|Tyres||Continental Urban Focus 35-622|
|Weight||11.66kg / 25.12lb|
This weight is based upon a medium sized example of this bike. We weighed the complete bike as you would receive it, complete with pedals and EN / BS-approved reflectors and bell.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|