Focus Cayo Evo 4.0 Ultegra C '13
- Best buy in Shimano Ultegra-equipped UCI-approved carbon road bikes.
- Milan - San Remo (the longest professional 1-day race in the European pro calendar) -proven carbon frame.
- Fitted with Shimano Ultegra shifters, gear mechs and brakes.
Focus Cayo Evo 4.0 Ultegra C
Best buy in Shimano Ultegra-equipped UCI-approved carbon road bikes.
- Milan - San Remo (the longest professional 1 day race) -proven carbon frame.
- Although race-proven the Cayo Evo frame has a slightly taller head tube than a Focus Izalco frame.
- Its PF30 bottom bracket is a more refined version of BB30.
- As with BB30 the 30mm diameter aluminium spindle saves weight and the larger diameter bearings last longer, while the oversized BB shell provides a larger interface with the down tube, seat tube and chain stays. The resulting improvement in torsional stiffness rewards you with an immediate and noticeable power response every time you put pressure on the pedals.
- The PF30 bottom bracket is encased in a plastic sleeve to make it even more weatherproof, then it's pressed into the bottom bracket shell.
- The frame's internal cable routing is incredibly refined. For instance the front derailleur cable emerges just in front of the mech.
- The tapered steerer and head tube reinforce that highly stressed part of the bike, improves steering (wider bearing races) and helps eliminate the risk of the brakes juddering.
- Focus Cayo Evo T4 full carbon fork.
- Shimano Ultegra 2x10 shifters and mechs offer super smooth gear changing.
- The compact gearing (34/50 chainrings on 12-27 cassette) is suitable for a wide variety of terrains.
- Shimano Ultegra brakes are superb stoppers.
- Genuine Fulcrum WH-CEX 6.5 2:1 ratio wheels.
- Prologo Nago Evo saddle.
- Continental Radsport 700x23 tyres complete the Made in Germany reliability theme.
- Every Focus bicycle is built in their own factory in Germany.
- Focus bicycles are built to be ridden hard.
- Focus acknowledge their bikes will lead a hard life. To keep them looking great, every Focus frame is primed with an indestructible lacquer, then it is powder coated. The colour is applied to the electro-statically charged frames in the form of fine powder for a tougher, more scratch resistant finish.
- Their focus is to manufacture premium quality bicycles at great value prices.
- Focus see themselves as the German bicycling equivalent to Audi or Mercedes cars.
- UCI-approved is the cycling equivalent to Formula 1 Grand Prix class.
FocusIndividually hand built in Germany, Focus bicycles stand out for their exceptionally clean design. Over the years, Focus have sponsored illustrious riders such as Olympic gold winning star, Nicole Cooke. Warranty cover is superb: Focus offer a 2 year warranty (5 years for carbon frames, when registered on the Focus Bikes website).
You can now check Focus bikes out for yourself on this website and at every Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op shop.
See all Road Bikes from Focus
See all products from Focus
See all Road Bikes
|Frame||Cayo Evo Carbon|
|Fork||Cayo Evo T4 Carbon|
|Drivetrain||Shimano Ultegra grey|
|Shifter||Shimano Ultegra grey|
|Crankset||FSA Energy Focus|
|Gear ratio||front 50/34, rear 12-27,|
|Saddle||Prologo Nago Evo|
|Brakes||Shimano Ultegra grey|
|Brake lever / Shifter||Shimano Ultegra grey|
|Wheels||Fulcrum WH-CEX 6.5|
|Tyres||Continental Radsport 23-622|
|Weight||8.40kg / 18.52lb|
This weight is based upon a 54cm sized example of this bike. We weighed the complete bike as you would receive it, complete with pedals and EN / BS-approved reflectors and bell.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|