Fabric Scoop Shallow Race Saddle
- Fabric Scoop Shallow Race Saddle
- A better bike saddle by design
- Titanium railed Fabric Scoop Shallow Saddle
Fabric Scoop Shallow Race Saddle
This is like the Fabric Scoop Shallow Elite Saddleupgraded with titanium rails.
Fabric Scoop saddles stand out for their exceptionally clean minimalist design
The saddle's waterproof microfibre cover is moulded to its one-piece nylon base - not stitched or stapled on as is normally the case. This one-piece design is the bike saddle equivalent to the inmould process Giro pioneered 20-plus years ago when they revolutionised bike helmet design.
Shallow, Flat or Radius?
Fabric Scoop saddles are available in three shapes which the manufacturer describes as Shallow, Flat or Radius.
If you mostly ride with your back at a 40-50 degree angle, you will most likely prefer this Fabric Scoop Shallow saddle's shape, which describes a shallow downward curve from mid-saddle to the sides. A Fabric Scoop Shallow saddle is more padded than a Scoop Flat and less padded than a Scoop Radius saddle.
If you prefer to ride in a more upright position, which intrinsically puts more of your weight on the saddle you will most likely get on best with this Radius version which is slightly more curved and a wee bit more padded than a Scoop Shallow saddle.
If you ride in racy, aero-tuck, flat-back position with minimal contact with the saddle, you'll most likely get on best with the minimally padded Flat version of this saddle.
- The microfibre cover is waterproof, hard wearing, pleasant to sit on and achieves the balance of making it easy to either ride in the same position or move forward and back as you desire.
- The saddle's light pu foam cushioning delivers comfort without ever feeling squidgy.
- The nylon base offers a degree of welcome flex.
- If you ever ride in the 'fast forward' position 'on the nose' you'll appreciate how this saddle wider flatter nose offers a more comfortable perch than a narrower saddle nose.
- The Fabric Scoop Shallow Race Saddle's hollow titanium rails save weight and enhance comfort without sacrificing strength, thanks to their oxidation/abrasion-resistant CrNi coating.
- 282mm long x 142mm wide.
- Weight: 259g - based upon weighing one Fabric Scoop Shallow Elite Saddle at Bike Co-op HQ in April 2015.
- Be aware that cycling equipment specifications can change without notice so please regard our published weights as an honest but approximate guide.
'The Scoop is a multi-discipline saddle designed to provide flexibility and great ergonomic feel for all genres of modern cycling. Starting with our unique flexible base, vacuum bonded upper and custom design rail, the Fabric Scoop is proven to be the perfect balance of comfort, performance and simplicity. Available now in three saddle profiles, a large selection of colours and a wide range of build specifications – the Fabric Scoop, designed for everyone.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|Submit a review|
|Got this to replace the saddle that came with my bike after suffering a bit discomfort on a few longer rides. The difference is amazing. There is just the right amount of support when riding in the drops. The saddle flexes a wee bit which helps absorbs the bumps. I love this saddle & definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something a bit more comfortable at a decent price.|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|