Endura Hummvee Lite Shorts
- The best warm-weather baggies we’ve ever ridden in.' WhatMountainBike.
- Loose-cut shorts optimised for cycling.
- Supplied with detachable Clickfast liner short with comfortable chamois.
|Black||Extra Extra Large||£52.99||In Stock|
Endura Hummvee Lite Shorts
Although we love Endura for sticking with the original Hummvee Short(established 2004), they also deserve credit for responding to requests to create this version which is lighter in weight and lighter in colour.
- The Endura Hummvee Lite’s 4-way stretch nylon shell is reinforced with a seamless Cordura double seat panel and made more breathable with a mesh rear panel.
- The fabric's DWR (Durable Water Repel) treatment does what it claims to do.
- Zipped cargo pockets complement the hand pockets.
- Elasticated waistband with integral belt.
- The Clickfast liner short is easily detachable so you can still wear Endura Hummvee Lite Baggy Shorts over another pair of Lycra shorts or liner undershorts when the originals are in the wash.
- Made by Endura, Scotland's cycle clothing experts.
'We’ve been wearing and enjoying the fit and durability of Endura’s classic Hummvees for years.If you don’t know the make, they’re knee-length, slim-fit bike shorts with an integrated-webbing waist belt and side pockets. Add in some Lycra leg cuffs and you’ve got shorts that have been copied by lots of competitors over the years.Like pretty much all other baggy-fit bike shorts, though, the original Hummvees are a mite too hot in the heat of summer, especially if a full day of hard pedalling is on the cards. Endura’s taken the original design and, with only a few minor tweaks, used a new smooth four-way-stretch DWR (durable water repellent) material to build full-scale trail shorts that are as light and comfy as running shorts.They come with Endura’s ClickFast removable liner, and while it’s comfortable, it’s also too hot – we ditched it in favour of some Lycra briefs.We’ve liked having the Hummvee Lites this summer, and have grown to love the light and airy feel they provide on sweaty long rides. Verdict: The best warm-weather baggies we’ve ever ridden in.'
Endura are based in Livingston, near Edinburgh. It therefore feels natural for us to regard Endura as not just a supplier and more as a partner. This relationship goes way back to 1994, when Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op was the first bike shop in Britain to sell Endura clothing.
Today, thanks in part to the success of their Racing Team, Team NetApp-Endura, and their appointment as clothing supplier for the Movistar WorldTour Team, Endura cycle clothing is admired far beyond the UK. The fact that demand for their clothing is soaring in the highly competitive markets of Germany and the USA is testament to Endura’s ability to deliver high quality cycle clothing that is very good value for money.
See all Shorts - Baggy from Endura
See all products from Endura
See all Shorts - Baggy
Don't want to wait for a delivery van? Order online and arrange to collect from your local Bike Co-op shop. Free delivery over £20 >
Free delivery available on orders over £20. Easy returns >
We offer simple & hassle-free returns if you need to return or exchange an item. Price Match Promise >
We want you to shop with confidence, hence our simple price promise - if you can find it cheaper let us know.
|Black||Extra Extra Large||5055205321677|
|Submit a review|
|I was looking for some closer fitting shorts & these are still baggies. However, they are brilliant shorts. Great for hot weather but also good for general cycling - easier movement than in the heavier models. Endura quality remains - can't beat it!|