Early Rider Belter Kids 20'' Urban 3
Early Rider Belter 20'' Urban 3
Featuring a belt driven, wide-range 3-speed hub gear transmission and smooth 20x1.5 Maxxis tyres, the Belter 20'' Urban 3 continues Early Rider's genius for creating not just the lightest weight, but also the most innovative kids' bikes.
Following the success of their original belt drive kids' bike for children from around 4 years old (the 16-inch wheel Belter) this 20 inch-wheel Belter Urban 3 brings the benefits of riding an Early Rider to older kids.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 7kg - our lightest weight 20-inch wheel kids' bike.
- Making it a couple of kilos (that's around 30%) lighter than rival 20-inch wheel kids' bikes creates a bicycle that's easier for a 6 or 7 years olds to control and manoeuvre.
- Knocking a kilo off the weight of a kids' bike is the equivalent of taking 4 or 5 kilos off an adult bike. That's a lot. In adult bike terms, reducing a bike's weight five kilos is like the difference between a 14kg utilitarian steel bike and a svelte carbon road bike.
- 'Urban 3' refers to the bike's wide ratio 3-speed SRAM hub gear.
- With the gear change mechanism enclosed in the rear hub, hub gears are intrinsically cleaner and require less maintenance than derailleur systems.
- To make it even cleaner, quieter and lower maintenance, instead of a traditional steel bicycle chain, the transmission features a belt drive, which will never rust and will never need oiled.
- The front hub, the headset, the bottom bracket and the pedals all roll on cartridge sealed bearings for smooth operation and longevity.
- The Maxxis 20x1.5 inch tyres are smoother rolling than 2 inch wide knobblies for regular urban use.
- To further ensure reliability, Early Rider bikes are equipped with trusted name-brand components.
- The saddle is made by Selle San Marco, the pedals by VP, the V-brakes and short-reach levers by Tektro, the tyres by Maxxis and the bars and stem by Ritchey.
- Standover Height: 57cm - fits children from 5 to 6 years old till they are 9 or 10.
'Early Rider Belter 20 Urban 3
The Belter 20" Urban 3 gives your older child the range of a geared bike while still retaining the lightness and simplicity we are known for. Spec includes the SRAM iMotion 3 speed hub, Ritchey finishing kit, rigid fork, sealed bearings throughout and lightweight Maxxis DTH tyres resulting in a 3-speed bike only 300g over the same bike with a single speed.
The super-clean lines match the super clean, low maintenance belt drive train. The Urban 3 is more than just the ultimate 'ride to school' bike, the 3 speed hub gives you enough gear variance to tackle all but the toughest of hills or terrain.'
|Early Rider Belter Kids 20'' Urban 3|
|Frame:||6061 Aluminium Narrow Gauge Tubing, Disc Mounts|
|Dropouts:||Two Piece Forged Aluminium|
|Fork:||6061 Aluminium Blade, Crown & Steerer, V Mounts|
|Drivetrain:||ER Aluminium 4-Arm Spider, Sprocket & Guard, Composite Belt Drive|
|Pedals:||Early Rider, Sealed Bearings|
|Headset:||1 1/8” Sealed Cartridge A-Headset|
|Stem:||Ritchey 60mm, + 10 Degree, Aluminium|
|Handlebar:||Ritchey 22.2mm, Flat Bar, 500mm, 6°|
|Grips:||Early Rider Wing With Grip-Shift|
|Tyres:||Maxxis Torch 20” X 1.5”|
|Rims:||Front: 20” 24h Single Wall Alloy Rear: 20” 28h Single Wall Alloy|
|Hubs: Front:||Aluminium, Sealed Bearings Rear: Sram I-Motion 3|
|Spokes:||Double Butted, Stainless Steel, Black, Silver Nipples|
|Seatpost:||Ritchey Alloy Micro-Adjust|
|Brakes:||Tektro Bx-1 & Short Reach Levers|
|Finish:||Hand Brushed, Clear Coated|
|Manufacturer's published weight:||7 Kgs. Be aware that cycling equipment specifications can change without notice so please regard our published weights as an honest but approximate guide.|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|