Early Rider Belter Kids 20'' Trail 3S
|Aluminium||Phone 0131 331 5010 for exclusive in-store offers||In Stock|| |
Early Rider Belter Kids 20'' Trail 3S
The Early Rider Belter Kids' 20'' Trail 3S is among the most advanced 20 inch wheel mountain bike for kids from 5/6 years old.
Or as Singletrack magazine put it so elegantly, 'we can suggest wholeheartedly that if you are in the market for a proper kid’s MTB bike that could stand happily next to your own dream bike, you need look no further.' See full review.
S for Suspension
The Trail 3S takes the key elements of the standard Early Rider Belter Kids 20'' Trailand adds a particularly child-friendly, light, air-sprung, 50mm-travel Spinner suspension fork for that extra level of comfort and control on the trails.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 9kg - this is our lightest weight 20-inch wheel kids mountain bike with front suspension.
- Making it a couple of kilos (that's around 25%) lighter than rival 20-inch wheel mountain bikes creates a bicycle that's easier for a 6 or 7 years olds to control and manoeuvre.
- Knocking a kilo off the weight of a kids' bike is the equivalent of taking 4 or 5 kilos off an adult bike. That's a lot. In adult bike terms, reducing a bike's weight five kilos is like the difference between a 14kg utilitarian steel bike and a svelte 9kg carbon road bike.
- 'Trail 3' refers to the bike's wide ratio 3-speed SRAM hub gear.
- This type of gear is particularly child friendly because, unlike a derailleur system, it allows junior to shift gear when the bike is stationary.
- With the gear change mechanism enclosed in the rear hub, hub gears are intrinsically cleaner and require less maintenance than derailleur systems.
- To make it even cleaner, quieter and lower maintenance, instead of a traditional steel bicycle chain, the transmission features a belt drive, which will never rust and will never need oiled.
- Frequently spotted on £1,000 adult bikes, Avid BB5 disc brakes are ball bearing actuated for smooth, dependable operation, so they'll require less maintenance than regular rim brakes.
- The front hub, the headset, the bottom bracket and the pedals also roll on cartridge sealed bearings for smooth operation and longevity.
- To further ensure reliability, Early Rider bikes are equipped with trusted name-brand components: the saddle is made by Selle San Marco, the pedals by VP, the disc brakes by Avid, the tyres by Maxxis and the bars and stem by Ritchey.
- Standover Height: 57cm - fits children from 5 to 6 years old till they are 9 or 10.
'The Trail 3S takes the Trail 3 and adds an air suspension fork for the hardtail MTB experience, but still keeping things nice and simple. Shod with Maxx Daddy tyres and Spinner forks, this bike has the 'proper' mountain bike look. Its amazing spec even retains the belt drive for a super smooth drive train. All the usual range refinements including a Ritchey finishing kit and sealed bearings throughout.'
|Early Rider Belter Kids 20'' Trail 3S|
|Frame:||6061 Aluminium Narrow Gauge Tubing, Disc Mounts|
|Dropouts:||Two Piece Forged Aluminium|
|Fork:||Spinner Grind Air Fork With Disc Mounts. Air Spring, 50mm Travel, Lockout|
|Drivetrain:||ER Aluminium 4-Arm Spider, Sprocket & Guard, Composite Belt Drive|
|Pedals:||Early Rider, Sealed Bearings|
|Headset:||1 1/8” Sealed Cartridge A-Headset|
|Stem:||Ritchey 60mm, + 10 Degree, Aluminium|
|Handlebar:||Ritchey 22.2mm, Flat Bar, 500mm, 6°|
|Grips:||Early Rider Wing With Grip-Shift|
|Tyres:||Maxxis Maxx Daddy 20” X 2.0”|
|Rims:||Front: 20” 28h Single Wall Alloy Rear: 20” 32h Double Wall Alloy|
|Hubs: Front:||Aluminium, Sealed Bearings Rear: Sram I-Motion 3|
|Spokes:||Double Butted, Stainless Steel, Black, Silver Nipples|
|Seatpost:||Ritchey Alloy Micro-Adjust|
|Brakes:||Avid BB-5, Avid G2, Cable Disc|
|Finish:||Hand Brushed, Clear Coated|
|Manufacturer's published weight:||9 Kgs. Be aware that cycling equipment specifications can change without notice so please regard our published weights as an honest but approximate guide.|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|