Early Rider Belter Kids 20'' Trail 3
|Aluminium||Phone 0131 331 5010 for exclusive in-store offers||In Stock|| |
Early Rider Belter Kids 20'' Trail 3
The Belter Kids 20'' Trail 3 is Early Rider's first 20-inch wheel mountain bike for kids from 5/6 years olds.
It features a wide-range, 3-speed, belt drive, hub gear transmission and Avid BB-5 disc brakes. This unique spec showcases Early Rider's genius for creating not just the lightest weight, but also the most innovative kids' bikes.
Following the success of their original belt drive kids' bike for children from around 4 years old (the 16-inch wheel Belter) this 20 inch-wheel Belter Trail brings the benefits of riding an Early Rider to budding mountain bikers.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 8.25kg - our lightest weight 20-inch wheel kids' mountain bike.
- Making it a couple of kilos (that's around 30%) lighter than rival 20-inch wheel mountain bikes creates a bicycle that's easier for a 6 or 7 years olds to control and manoeuvre.
- Knocking a kilo off the weight of a kids' bike is the equivalent of taking 4 or 5 kilos off an adult bike. That's a lot. In adult bike terms, reducing a bike's weight five kilos is like the difference between a 14kg utilitarian steel bike and a svelte carbon road bike.
- 'Trail 3' refers to the bike's wide ratio 3-speed SRAM hub gear.
- With the gear change mechanism enclosed in the rear hub, hub gears are intrinsically cleaner and require less maintenance than derailleur systems.
- To make it even cleaner, quieter and lower maintenance, instead of a traditional steel bicycle chain, the transmission features a belt drive, which will never rust and will never need oiled.
- Frequently spotted on £1,000 adult bikes, Avid BB5 disc brakes are ball bearing actuated for smooth, dependable operation, so they'll require less maintenance than regular rim brakes.
- The front hub, the headset, the bottom bracket and the pedals also roll on cartridge sealed bearings for smooth operation and longevity.
- To further ensure reliability, Early Rider bikes are equipped with trusted name-brand components.
- The saddle is made by Selle San Marco, the pedals by VP, the disc brakes by Avid, the tyres by Maxxis and the bars and stem by Ritchey.
- Standover Height: 57cm - fits children from 5 to 6 years old till they are 9 or 10.
'Early Rider Belter Kids 20'' Trail 3
The Trail 3 introduces Avid cable disc brakes, fat knobbly tyres and a straight rigid fork - giving it a genuine mini-29er look and ride. Uber-cool and built to take it rough! The wheels are beefed up with 32 spokes on the rear and 28 on the front - laced with double-butted spokes to retain strength but keeping weight to a minimum. The lightweight, fat Maxx Daddy tyres reduce rotational weight and give a level of passive suspension which helps the rider keep everything under control when the going gets tough.
Again it retains our beautifully slick belt drive married to the robust proven 3 speed SRAM rear hub - giving broader range for really active families. As with all our 20" bikes, the Trail 3 features a Ritchey finishing kit and sealed bearings throughout. This will appeal to the kids whose parents go out and hit the trails hard, but also like to keep things clean and simple.'
|Early Rider Belter Kids 20'' Trail 3|
|Frame:||6061 Aluminium Narrow Gauge Tubing, Disc Mounts|
|Dropouts:||Two Piece Forged Aluminium|
|Fork:||6061 Aluminium Blade, Crown & Steerer, Disc Mounts|
|Drivetrain:||ER Aluminium 4-Arm Spider, Sprocket & Guard, Composite Belt Drive|
|Pedals:||Early Rider, Sealed Bearings|
|Headset:||1 1/8” Sealed Cartridge A-Headset|
|Stem:||Ritchey 60mm, + 10 Degree, Aluminium|
|Handlebar:||Ritchey 22.2mm, Flat Bar, 500mm, 6°|
|Grips:||Early Rider Wing With Grip-Shift|
|Tyres:||Maxxis Maxx Daddy 20” X 2.0”|
|Rims:||Front: 20” 28h Single Wall Alloy Rear: 20” 32h Double Wall Alloy|
|Hubs: Front:||Aluminium, Sealed Bearings Rear: Sram I-Motion 3|
|Spokes:||Double Butted, Stainless Steel, Black, Silver Nipples|
|Seatpost:||Ritchey Alloy Micro-Adjust|
|Brakes:||Avid BB-5, Avid G2, Cable Disc|
|Finish:||Hand Brushed, Clear Coated|
|Manufacturer's published weight:||8.25 Kgs. Be aware that cycling equipment specifications can change without notice so please regard our published weights as an honest but approximate guide.|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|