Dawes Gran Tour 26" '16
- Superbly spec'd Dawes touring bike
- Stronger 26 inch wheels
- Shimano Deore-equipped tourer
|Grey||58cm||Our Price £1,249.00 RRP £1,799.00||In Stock|
Dawes Gran Tour 26" '16
The Gran Tour is the top-of-the range 26"-wheel tourer from Dawes - one of the great names in UK touring bikes.
The benefit of a touring bike with 26-inch wheels is that, everything else being equal, smaller wheels are intrinsically stronger than larger 700c wheels - something worth thinking about if you're carrying loads.
Stronger 26-inch wheels are also worth considering if you have ambitions to explore the back of beyond on your touring bike.
Significantly, one of the Bike Co-op's most adventurous cyclists, Stuart Charters, is a Dawes Gran Tour owner. See Stuart's blog.
Another thing we love about the Dawes Gran Tour is that its spec sheet is about as close as you'll get to a perfect wish list for a touring bike at this kind of price.
- Reynolds 725 heat treated butted tubing is a proven platform for creating a strong, dependable frame with inherent light-sprung attributes for all-day comfort.
- The forks are also butted chromoly.
- Combining Shimano Tiagra 3x10 STI Dual Control shifters (operate both brakes and gears) and front mech with a Shimano XT rear derailleur guarantees smooth shifting over a wide range of gears via the Shimano Hollowtech 48-36-26 chainset and the 11-34 Shimano cassette.
- Shimano also supply the mechanical disc brakes, which most riders find more powerful and require less maintenance than cantilever or V-brakes.
- If any of us wanted to build a classic pair of near-bombproof wheels, a great place to start would be to spec Mavic eyeletted rims on Shimano Deore hubs and build them with 36 spokes, as Dawes have done hear.
- Shimano touring pedals are double sided - they take SPD cleated shoes on one side and everyday flat shoes on the other.
- The Brooks Cambium Saddle is becoming the new standard in comfort (without the care commitment required to own a Brooks leather saddle).
- Germany's Tubus CrMo rear rack and SKS chromoplastic mudguards have become bywords for proven performance matched with dependable longevity.
Dawes Bikes are a famous British bicycle company. In recent years we have been especially impressed by the exceptional good value of Dawes kids' bikes for boys and girls including, that rarity, children's road bikes.
See all Touring Bikes from Dawes
See all products from Dawes
See all Touring Bikes
|Dawes Gran Tour 26"|
|Sizes||26" wheel, 48cm, 53cm and 58cm|
|Frame||Reynolds 725 Double Butted CrMo steel|
|Fork||Reynolds chromoly fork blades with butted chromoly steerer|
|Headset||FSA Orbit Aheadset 1 1/8"|
|Gear Shifters||Shimano Tiagra STI Levers 3x10|
|Rear derailleur||Shimano Deore XT|
|Front derailleur||Shimano FD-4603 Tiagra|
|Cassette||Shimano 10spd CS-HG62 11-34T|
|Chainset||Shimano FC-T551 48-36-26T Chainrings|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano SM-BB52|
|Pedals||Shimano PD-A530 Dual Sided SPD pedal|
|Hubs||36H Shimano HB-M525 Quick Release|
|Rims||Mavic XM319 Black|
|Tyres||Schwalbe Marathon 26 x 1.75" with GreenGuard|
|Brakes||Shimano BR-R517 Mechanical Disc Brakes|
|Brake levers||Shimano Tiagra STI|
|Handlebar||400mm drop bar (48cm), 420mm (53cm) and 440mm (58cm). 120mm drop|
|Stem||A-head, 80mm (48cm), 90mm (53cm) & 100mm (58cm)|
|Seatpost||27.2mm x 300mm Micro Adjust|
|Grips||Black Cork Tape|
|Rack||Tubus Logo CrMo Rear Rack|
|Manufacturer's published weight||14.7kg|
|Be aware that cycling equipment specifications can change without notice so please regard our published weights as an honest but approximate guide.|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|