Continental Ultra Gator Skin Duraskin Tyre
|700*28||Our Price £29.69 RRP £32.99||In Stock|
|700*32||Our Price £29.69 RRP £32.99||In Stock|
Continental Gatorskin Wired
The Continental Gatorskin has built a great reputation for being a dependable and durable puncture-resistant tyre that does not compromise grip or speed potential (Usually longevity = hard tread = poor grip.)
- DuraSkin - an extremely cut-resistant polyamide sheath beneath the tread helps protect the carcass from snakebite punctures (AKA pinch flats).
- PolyX Breaker - this second sub-tread offers an advanced level of puncture protection.
- 3-ply 120tpi casing for supple handling.
- Wire bead.
- Fits front or rear wheels.
- Recommended inflation range: 85-102psi.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 365g (700x32 size).
- Its 700x32 size and its slick tread for low rolling resistance make Continental Gatorskin Wired tyres the perfect upgrade if you're looking to get a bit more pace from your touring, cross or hybrid bike.
- The 700x32 size retains cushioning for when you ride off the beaten track.
- Handmade in Germany - still a measure of quality construction.
TPI refers to the tyre casing's thread per inch count. The more threads per inch the better. A tyre with a higher TPI will be more supple. Most production bikes come with tyres around 30 TPI. Better bikes with 60 TPI tyres. High-end £1,000+ bikes usually have 120 TPI tyres. Pro racing tyres can be 300-500 TPI.
PolyX Breaker Sub-Tread
Having used woven polyester in the construction of their highly regarded car tyres to make them more puncture resistant, Continental have now introduced a lighter weight version of their highly puncture-resistant PolyX Breaker sub tread technology to bicycle tyres.
'Polyester has been used successfully for years in car tyres and been tried and tested many times. The extremely resistant polyester fibre is woven tightly crosswise. In this way, a very high fabric density is reached which not only makes the Breaker more resistant to foreign objects but is also especially resistant to punctures. The rolling resistance is not negatively affected by the PolyX Breaker.' Continental.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|