Cannondale Touring 2 '16
- Cannondale Touring 2
- Cannondale disc brake touring bike
- Shimano Sora touring bike
|Midnight Blue/Reflective Silver/Acid Red||51cm||Phone 0131 331 5010 for exclusive in-store offers||In Stock|| |
|Midnight Blue/Reflective Silver/Acid Red||54cm||Phone 0131 331 5010 for exclusive in-store offers||In Stock|| |
|Midnight Blue/Reflective Silver/Acid Red||56cm||Phone 0131 331 5010 for exclusive in-store offers||In Stock|| |
Cannondale Touring 2
Way back in 1983 Cannondale taught us that oversized aluminium tubing was a perfect material for producing a stable luggage-carrying touring bike.
This disc brake-equipped 2016 model assures you that building touring bikes is an art Cannondale continue to refine.
Its 73 degree seat tube/72 degree head tube geometry (on 58cm model) puts the Cannondale Touring 2 in the 'fast touring bike' category. That is: stable when loaded with panniers, sprightly when ridden bag-less.
- 6061 butted aluminium tubing gives the frame exceptional lateral rigidity to ensure it won't flex under load.
- Cannondale SAVE (Synapse Active Vibration Elimination) chainstays and seatstays help the bike float over rough stuff and track cleanly through corners
- The taller head tube allows a more upright position for taking in the view and helps make the Cannondale Touring 2 comfortable on the long rides this bike will inspire you to enjoy.
- The Cannondale Touring 2 is fitted with a near-complete Shimano Sora groupset for consistent performance.
- The Shimano Sora 3x9 shifters and mechs deliver the benefits of STI - flawless shifts via an inward nudge of the brake levers whether your hands are on the drops or the lever hoods.
- The Shimano Sora 50/39/30 chainset and 11-30 cassette gives you a good range for near-any riding whether you're climbing steep hills or sprinting on the flat.
- Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyresare the most puncture-resistant treads we have tried and tested.
- Shimano Sora disc brakes introduce a new level of low maintenance reliability to touring bikes.
The Benefits of Disc Brakes
Proven for over a decade on mountain bikes and better quality hybrids, the benefits of disc brakes are now becoming more and more recognised on road bikes and touring bikes.
- Moving the brakes from the mud and rain-attracting wheel rims to the relatively clean hubs makes for an improvement in the brakes’ all-weather all-conditions performance.
- Disc brake pads are much harder so they last much longer.
- That's why disc brakes tend to need far less maintenance compared with rim brakes - they don't require such frequent adjustment to compensate for brake pad wear.
- The wheel rims should also last much longer now that they are no longer being worn down by the brake pads.
- On touring bikes like this, moving the brakes away from the rims maximises clearance for mud and mudguards.
|Cannondale Touring 2|
|Frame||Touring SmartFormed 6061 Alloy SAVE BSA|
|Fork||Touring full alloy 1-1/8 fender and mid-blade mounts|
|Rims||Maddux DC3.0 Disc double wall 32-hole welded|
|Hubs||Cannondale C3 32 hole black|
|Spokes||DT Swiss Stainless 15g|
|Tyres||Schwalbe MARATHON PLUS SmartGuard 650x40c (48-51) / 700x40c (54-61)|
|Crank||Shimano Sora 3500 BSA 50/39/30|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano Hollowtech|
|Chain||KMC X9 9-speed|
|Rear Cogs||Shimano Sora 3500 11-30 9-speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Sora 3500|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Sora 3500|
|Shifters||Shimano Sora 3500|
|Handlebar||Cannondale C3 Touring Bar 76mm reach 126mm drop 12 degree flare|
|Grips||Cannondale Grip Bar Tape w/Gel 3.5mm|
|Stem||Cannondale C3 6061 Alloy 31.8 12 deg.|
|Headset||Tange Si 1-1/8|
|Brakes||Shimano Sora mechanical disc 160/160mm|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Sora 3500|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Comp|
|Seatpost||Cannondale C3 6061 Alloy 27.2x300mm (48-52) 350mm (54-61)|
|Midnight Blue/Reflective Silver/Acid Red||51cm||884603609811|
|Midnight Blue/Reflective Silver/Acid Red||54cm||884603609828|
|Midnight Blue/Reflective Silver/Acid Red||56cm||884603609835|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|