Cannondale Synapse Alu Adventure '16
- Cannondale Synapse Alu Adventure
- Top of the range Synapse Alu
- SRAM Rival 22-speed groupset with hydraulic disc brakes.
|Tree Frog/Primer Grey/Burnt Orange||54cm||Our Price £949.00 RRP £1,299.00||In Stock|| |
|Tree Frog/Primer Grey/Burnt Orange||56cm||Our Price £949.00 RRP £1,299.00||In Stock|| |
|Tree Frog/Primer Grey/Burnt Orange||58cm||Our Price £949.00 RRP £1,299.00||In Stock|| |
|Tree Frog/Primer Grey/Burnt Orange||61cm||Our Price £949.00 RRP £1,299.00||In Stock|| |
Cannondale Synapse Alu Adventure
While some bike companies boast of their endurance bikes' mudguard compatibility, Cannondale prove theirs by fitting full fenders to their new Cannondale Synapse Alu Adventure. This lovely bike therefore gives you one more reason to keep riding, whatever the weather.
What's more, these mudguards colour match the bike's burnt orange frame and saddle decals.
Then to make it even more perfect, the fast comfortable Synapse Alu comes equipped with a SRAM Rival 22-speed groupset including hydraulic disc brakes.
The Undeniable benefits of Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- The benefits of hydraulic disc brakes is that they are mechanically more efficient than cable-operated brakes when it comes to that essential function of bicycle brakes - the pads engage and release more efficiently and the braking is more controlled and modulated.
- Another significant factor is that hydraulic hoses, unlike cables, are not prone to fraying, rusting, kinking and breaking. This fundamental difference explains why hydraulic brakes require far less maintenance and adjustment than cable-operated brakes.
- Moving the brakes from the mud and rain-attracting wheel rims to the relatively clean hubs make for an improvement in the brakes' all-weather all-conditions performance.
- Disc brake pads are much harder so they last much longer. So do the rims now that they are no longer worn down by the brake pads.
Cannondale Synapse Overview
The Synapse is a lightweight road bike that does not ignore your comfort needs. Compared with a full-on Cannondale road race bike, the Synapse has a 2-2.5cm taller head tube, a longer wheelbase and a shallower head angle. The Synapse's SAVE (Synapse Active Vibration Elimination) carbon forks are proven shock absorbers as are its SAVE aluminium seat stays, which curve to meet the rear dropouts to damp potential shock from ill-kept roads. For most riders, these tweaks offer a more comfortable ride - especially if you are in the saddle for hours, as you might be on a sportive or charity ride.
Given that a wet ass doesn't contribute to your comfort on the bike, you might be interested to hear that the Cannondale Synapse's brake calipers are 8mm longer-reach than standard road bike brakes so they facilitate fitting fenders (AKA mudguards).
|Cannondale Synapse Alu Adventure 2016|
|Frame||Synapse Alloy Disc Optimized 6061 Alloy SAVE PLUS BB30|
|Fork||Synapse SAVE Disc Carbon blades 1-1/8|
|Rims||Maddux RD 2.0 Disc 28-hole|
|Hubs||Formula CX20 front CX 22 rear|
|Spokes||Stainless Steel 15g|
|Tyres||Schwalbe Lugano folding 700x25c|
|Pedals||Wellgo w/ Clip and Strap|
|Crank||FSA Gossamer BB30 50/34|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA BB30|
|Chain||KMC X11 11-speed|
|Rear Cogs||SRAM PG-1170 11-32 11-speed|
|Front Derailleur||SRAM Rival 22 31.8 clamp|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM Rival 22 WiFli|
|Shifters||SRAM Rival 22 HRD|
|Handlebar||Cannondale C3 butted 6061 Alloy Compact|
|Grips||Cannondale Bar Tape w/Gel 3.5mm|
|Stem||Cannondale C3 6061 Alloy 31.8 6 deg.|
|Headset||Synapse Si 25mm top cap|
|Brakes||SRAM Rival HRD hydraulic disc 160/140mm|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Rival HRD|
|Saddle||Cannondale Stage Ergo w/ Crmo Rails|
|Seatpost||Cannondale C3 6061 Alloy 25.4x300mm (48-51) 350mm (54-61)|
|Tree Frog/Primer Grey/Burnt Orange||54cm||884603607374|
|Tree Frog/Primer Grey/Burnt Orange||56cm||884603607381|
|Tree Frog/Primer Grey/Burnt Orange||58cm||884603607398|
|Tree Frog/Primer Grey/Burnt Orange||61cm||884603607404|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|