Cannondale CAADX Ultegra '16
- Cannondale CAADX Ultegra
- Shimano Ultegra CAADX cross bike
- Shimano hydraulic disc cyclo-cross bike
|Green Clay/Jet Black/Grey||56cm||Our Price £1,149.00 RRP £1,499.00||In Stock|
|Green Clay/Jet Black/Grey||58cm||Our Price £1,149.00 RRP £1,499.00||In Stock|
Cannondale CAADX Ultegra '16
The best bike in the Cannondale CAADX range comes adorned with the latest Shimano Ultegra-level R685 STI shifters and Shimano RS585 hydraulic disc brakes.
Upgrades From Cannondale CAADX 105
- Shimano Ultegra gear shifters have a great track record for being the reliable first choice of more and more getting-serious road bike riders.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes - widely regarded as the most reliable in mountain biking - are already proving equally flawless on road bikes.
Why you should consider a bike with high quality hydraulic disc brakes
- Hydraulic disc brakes are mechanically more efficient than cable-operated brakes when it comes to that essential function of bicycle brakes - the pads engage and release more efficiently.
- The braking is more controlled and modulated so you quickly get a feel for the lever pull required whether you need to lightly scrub your speed or come to an emergency stop.
- Another significant factor is that hydraulic hoses, unlike cables, are not prone to fraying, rusting, kinking and breaking. This fundamental difference helps explain why hydraulic brakes require far less maintenance and adjustment than cable-operated brakes.
- Moving the brakes from the mud and rain-attracting wheel rims to the relatively clean hubs make for an improvement in the brakes' all-weather all-conditions performance.
- Disc brake pads are much harder so they last much longer.
- Disc brakes automatically self adjust so the pads move closer to the rotor as they wear down so they require far less maintenance to compensate for brake pad wear.
- Your wheel rims should also last much longer now that they are no longer worn down by the brake pads.
- Hydraulic disc brakes are generally accepted as the best and the most widely adopted improvement in bicycle technology we've seen over the past 15 years.
- On cross bikes like this, moving the brakes away from the rims maximises clearance for mud and mudguards.
|Frame||CAADX Cyclocross Disc Optimized 6061 Alloy BB30|
|Fork||Cannondale Ultra X Disc Carbon blades 1-1/8|
|Rims||Maddux CX 2.0 Disc 32-hole|
|Hubs||Formula CX20 front CX 22 rear|
|Spokes||Stainless Steel 15g|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rapid Rob 700x35c|
|Crank||FSA Gossamer Cross BB30 46/36|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA BB30|
|Chain||Shimano HG600 11-speed|
|Rear Cogs||Shimano 105 5800 11-28 11-speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra 6800 braze-on|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra 6800 SS|
|Shifters||Shimano RS585 hydraulic disc|
|Handlebar||Cannondale C3 Compact butted 6061 alloy|
|Grips||Cannondale Bar Tape w/Gel 2.5mm|
|Stem||Cannondale C3 6061 Alloy 31.8 6 deg.|
|Headset||CAADX Si 25mm top cap|
|Brakes||Shimano RS585 hydraulic disc 160/160mm|
|Brake Levers||Shimano RS585 hydraulic disc|
|Saddle||Fabric Spoon Shallow Sport|
|Seatpost||Cannondale C3 Alloy 27.2mmx300mm|
|Green Clay/Jet Black/Grey||56cm||884603608401|
|Green Clay/Jet Black/Grey||58cm||884603608418|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|