Camelbak Podium Bottle-Torq
|Torq Smoke/Orange||610ml||Our Price £8.99 RRP £9.99||Contact for Availability|
CamelBak Podium Bottle - Torq
Two of our favourite sports drink suppliers CamelBak and Torq have come together to create a better water bottle.
- The CamelBak Podium Bottle was made for fast riders, perhaps intent on podium placement.
- The easy-to-squeeze bottle is manufactured in TruTaste polypropylene with Hydroguard permanent anti-bacterial protection.
- Taste free - all you taste is your drink, not your bottle.
- Its JetValve delivers water faster.
- The JetValve is self sealing so its superfast flow rate can be locked off when not required, for instance in transit.
- The bottle's wide neck and screw cap makes it very easy to dose the bottle with drink powder and ice cubes.
'The CamelBak® Podium® Bottle incorporates Jet Valve™, a revolutionary self-sealing valve into a taste-free bottle with a high flow rate. CamelBak is the official hydration sponsor for the pro cycling team Garmin-Sharp-Barracuda. The team uses Podium bottles in training and during races.'
'TORQ have collaborated with Camelbak to bring you the ultimate in premium drinks bottles and they’ll be being used by all of the TORQ teams during the 2014 season. So what’s so premium about this bottle and how is it different to the TORQ bottles we’ve always used before?
There are a number of features that the TORQ/Camelbak Podium Race bottle has that are quite unique:
* Extremely soft body to allow the bottle to be squeezed (no sucking required), which is hugely beneficial in a race situation. Research has shown that gastric emptying (movement of fluid from the stomach to small intestine) is much quicker if large volumes of fluid are ingested on each feed, rather than steady consistent sipping like you’d experience with a bladder system or a bottle that’s too firm to squeeze. The principle is that the ‘weight’ of the fluid in the stomach forces it more quickly into the small intestine where the fluid/carbohydrate is absorbed. Quicker gastric emptying means better hydration and better fuelling.
* An incredibly well engineered lock-off and non-return valve mean that you’ll never have an issue with drink leaking into your kit bag on the journey to an event or race (normal bottles will leak under pressure) and the non-return valve works beautifully with the softer body to allow strong and effortless delivery of fluids whilst riding.
* We’ve also designed the body of the bottle to be opaque with a slight tint to it, which means that you can clearly see how much fluid you have remaining and it makes cleaning the bottle so much easier to do. This design also absorbs less heat than the standard design in hot weather, not that we have to worry too much about that in the UK!
* Finally, we’ve included a 500ml fill level, marked on the body of the bottle. As this bottle actually has a 600ml capacity, this means that you can add water to the ‘fill level’ mark, add a sachet of TORQ energy, or 2 level scoops of powder from your tub or pouch, put the lid on and shake away. The inherent 100ml air space means that the drink mixes thoroughly and is ready to go, without further aggravation. For the uninitiated, normal 500ml bottles need to be half filled with water, powder added, top put on, shaken, top taken off, bottle topped up, lid put back on and shaken again. You get the idea?'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|