Brooks B17 Standard Saddle
Brooks B17 Standard Saddle
Having crafted saddles the same way for more than 100 years, Brooks have a way of convincing us that stretched leather over a steel frame remains the perfect way to make a saddle that will perfectly conform to your unique shape.
- 270 long x 175mm wide.
What makes a Brooks leather saddles special?
Handmade in England since the 19th century, Brooks leather saddles are a proven design, appreciated by hundreds of thousands of cyclists for more than 100 years.
- The seat is 100% high-grade leather hide, which is shaped, stretched and riveted to the saddle's steel rails.
- A Brooks saddle makes almost any bike look better.
- Apologies to vegetarians, but riders who love Brooks saddles appreciate the fact that leather is a natural, organic, renewable material that doesn't get slippery or sweaty like a plastic seat can.
- The shape of the saddle has proven itself just right for most people. Note how the saddle is higher at the back where it supports your sit bones. Then it slopes down to minimise contact with the perineum.
- Like a good pair of hiking boots, a leather saddle can improve with age as it moulds itself to your shape.
- Loops at the back of the saddle facilitate fitting a saddle bag.
- Brooks saddles require a little more care than a fit-and-forget saddle with a nylon or carbon base.
- That's why they are one of the few saddles that come supplied with a manual.
- Brooks saddles also come supplied with a tensioning spannerto compensate for the leather stretching.
- Brooks saddles benefit from an occasional application of Proofide.
- Most important of all, if you leave the saddle out in the rain, unprotected, it will sag out of shape within a year.
- Keep it coveredwhen it's left outside and you'll get thousands of miles service from your Brooks leather saddle.
'The B17 is our flagship model, ideal for long distance sports touring, trekking and ATB use. It has been on the market for over 100 years, being featured in as early as the 1898 catalogue. The model is available for gents and ladies: the B17 (gents) and B17 S (ladies). The Standard models feature black steel rails, the B17 Special features copper plated steel metalwork, and the B17 Titanium … Both the B17 Special and the Titanium also feature hand hammered copper rivets.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|Submit a review|
|I have now bought 3 Brooks Saddles for all my Bikes as I found the first one so good. I bought the first one as a I thought it would look good on a Brompton and was amazed at how good it was from day one and it got better every day. Just the best saddle in the world, it’s just like sitting on a sofa and it looks so good.|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|