Blackburn Ex-1 Carrier
- Also known as The Blackburn Expedition Carrier, this is one superior bicycle pannier rack.
- TIG-welded 9mm-gauge 6061 aluminium rod construction makes this one of the strongest racks you can buy.
- The Blackburn EX-1 is tall enough to clear large-volume 700c or 29 inch tyres that shorter racks can't.
|Black||Our Price £31.49 RRP £34.99||In Stock|
Blackburn EX-1 Rack
Also known as The Blackburn Expedition Carrier, this is one superior bicycle pannier rack.
Jim Blackburn invented the lifetime-guaranteed super-rigid no-sway double-triangulated aluminium rack way back in the 1970s. The EX-1 proves that Jim Blackburn's invention is still going strong.
- TIG-welded aircraft-grade 6061 aluminium rod construction.
- The extra-beefy 9mm gauge centre strut enhances the rack's strength and rigidity (most racks have 7.5mm diameter struts).
- This rack's centre strut is 36cm tall from the middle of its lower eyelets (where it bolts to the bike frame's dropout eyelets) to the underside of the pannier carrying rail. (Most racks are usually around 33cm tall).
- This extra height means this rack is more likely to clear large-volume 700c or 29" tyres.
- Supplied with adjustable stainless steel extender struts.
- Supplied with P-clips lest your frame lacks seat stay eyelets.
- Supplied with Allen key for fitting the (supplied) frame bolts.
- Supplied with clip for fitting a rear reflector or LED.
- Fits both wide and narrow-tyred bikes.
- Fits bikes with 26" or 700c tyres.
- Recommended payload: 40lb/18kg.
- Backed by Blackburn's famous lifetime guarantee.
- Doubles as a platform for CoPilot and Rhode Gear child seats.
- (Though the EX-1 Rack won't take both child seat and pannier simultaneously.)
- Manufacturer's published weight: 535g.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|