Bell Traverse MIPS Helmet
- Bell Traverse MIPS Helmet
- Great value trail/everyday bicycle helmet
- MIPS for extra protection
|Matte Midnight/Tahoe Repose||Our Price £53.99 RRP £59.99||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
Bell Traverse MIPS Helmet
With its visor, its 18 deep vents and its extended rear coverage, the Bell Traverse MIPS is a mountain bike-style lid that doubles as an all-purpose everyday helmet.
It's also our first ever helmet to be named after a famous Edinburgh theatre.
Most impressive of all, it brings the extra protection of MIPS to a lower price helmet.
Originally reserved for 3-figure lids, MIPS is probably the most significant upgrade in bike helmet technology since the introduction of ErgoDial/RocLoc-style fit belts in 1994.
What is MIPS? Check the video.
- MIPSmeans Multi-directional Impact Protection System.
- MIPS was developed by a team of Swedish brain surgeons and neurologists who tasked themselves with creating a better bicycle helmet dedicated to reducing the rotational acceleration forces to the brain in the event of an angled impact.
- In the capable hands of Bell, MIPS is a super-flexible low friction nylon head-hugging liner, designed to rotate inside the helmet in the event of an impact from any angle.
- MIPS thus helps reduce the resulting rotational energy being transfered to the head - rotational energy that could otherwise cause serious injury to the brain should it violently impact the inside of the skull in the event of a crash.
- MIPS therefore goes a long way to addressing the most frequent criticism of first generation helmets - that they are primarily designed to absorb the energy of a vertical head-on impact, and are less effective at saving you in the event of the type of angled impact, which is more likely to occur.
More Bell Traverse Features
- Bell's in-mould construction process fuses the outer shell with the impact-absorbing EPS liner.
- In-mould construction effectively reinforces the helmet - especially around the vents and ribs.
- 18 long, extra wide vents help prevent overheating.
- A micro-dial on the back of the helmet's ErgoDial fit belt (which wraps round the circumference of your skull) makes it especially easy to achieve a snug comfortable fit.
- Fitted with visor to add extra protection from low hanging branches.
- The visor helps shield your eyes or glasses from rain and glare.
- The visor is removable.
- Unisize: 54-61cm.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 308g.
'Fitness rides, adventure rides, family rides around the neighborhood. With its quality in-mold Polycarbonate Shell construction and easy, approachable style, the new Traverse is an all-around performer that gives you lots of options.
This model offers the addition of MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System), which can provide an additional measure of protection in certain impacts. The one-size-fits-all ErgoDial Fit System allows for one-handed adjustment—just press a button and turn the dial, simple as that. Totally comfortable, totally cool.'
|Matte Midnight/Tahoe Repose||768686665158|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|