Bell Draft MIPS Helmet
- Bell Draft MIPS Helmet
- The bicycle helmet reinvented
- MIPS for extra protection
|Matte Midnight/Tahoe Repose||Our Price £53.99 RRP £59.99||In Stock|
Bell Draft MIPS Helmet
The Bell Draft makes MIPS-equipped road bike style helmets more affordable.
Originally reserved for 3-figure lids, MIPS is probably the most significant upgrade in bike helmet technology since the introduction of ErgoDial/RocLoc-style fit belts in 1994.
What is MIPS? Check the video.
- MIPSmeans Multi-directional Impact Protection System.
- MIPS was developed by a team of Swedish brain surgeons and neurologists who tasked themselves with creating a better bicycle helmet dedicated to reducing the rotational acceleration forces to the brain in the event of an angled impact.
- In the capable hands of Bell, MIPS is a super-flexible low friction nylon head-hugging liner, designed to rotate inside the helmet in the event of an impact from any angle.
- MIPS thus helps reduce the resulting rotational energy being transfered to the head - rotational energy that could otherwise cause serious injury to the brain should it violently impact the inside of the skull in the event of a crash.
- MIPS therefore goes a long way to addressing the most frequent criticism of first generation helmets - that they are primarily designed to absorb the energy of a vertical head-on impact, and are less effective at saving you in the event of the type of angled impact, which is more likely to occur.
More Bell Draft Features
- Road bike styling (no visor) but with extra rear coverage makes the Bell Draft a great all-rounder for any type of riding this side of DH and trials.
- Bell's in-mould construction process fuses the outer shell with the impact-absorbing EPS liner.
- In-mould construction effectively reinforces the helmet - especially around the vents and ribs.
- 18 long, extra wide vents help prevent overheating.
- A micro-dial on the back of the helmet's ErgoDial fit belt (which wraps round the circumference of your skull) makes it especially easy to achieve a snug comfortable fit.
- Unisize: 54-61cm.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 292g.
'With a fresh new shape and large air vents, Draft delivers advanced features and design at an incredible value. Its rounded, compact profile is a nod to modern road style. The ErgoDial fit system offers no-fuss comfort and fit. The Draft offers the option of MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System),which can provide an additional measure of protection in certain impacts. And the extended in-mold polycarbonate shell guarantees top-notch quality and construction. It all adds up to a smart choice for a wide range of riders.'
|Matte Midnight/Tahoe Repose||768686664946|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|