Avenir Intrepid 2 Seater Kid's Trailer
Avenir Intrepid 2 Seater Kids' Trailer
The Avenir Intrepid 2 is a soundly constructed child trailer that can be quickly hitched to your bike to transport one or two kids in comfort.
- Robustly built, the frame and swingarm are constructed with box-section steel tubing.
- The trailer-receiving bracket is fitted to the pilot bike's rear wheel axle (on the left hand side, secured by the wheel nut or QR).
- Once the receiving bracket is fitted (a one-off process) you can attach the Avenir Intrepid 2 Seater Kids' Trailer in seconds via its D-Ring quick release spring clip.
- A secondary retaining strap at this mounting point doubles the security of this fitting.
- If you require a spare receiving bracket for a second bike, one is included in this Hitch Kit.
- Removing the trailer is equally quick.
- Stable twin axle design fitted with two steel wheels.
- The wheels come fitted with 16x1.75 inch pneumatic tyres and Schrader valves.
- These wheels are secured with the same style of D-Ring quick release spring clip as the trailer's hitch - no tools required.
- Parking brakes on both wheels immoblise this kids' trailer when you park it on a slope.
- The trailer's canopy and seat are a UV-proof 400D nylon (good rucsac-quality fabric).
- This 4-season canopy is see-through and will keep your wee passengers dry when you cycle in the rain.
- The canopy can be left open at the front by rolling it up when you cycle in warm sunshine.
- Like a car, the trailer has a single back seat with two x 5-point safety harnesses: one for each child.
- There's a third safety harness in the middle, recommended for when you're only transporting one child.
- Safety features include a pair of reflectors front and rear, reflective tape on the sides of the canopy, and a flag on a pole.
- Can be disassembled and folded flat in 5 minutes (with practice) into its 80 x 49 x 17cm (approx 31.5 x 19.5 x 7 inches) box for compact storage - no tools required.
- Payload - 2 kids up to around 7 years old (as long as they're small enough to fit the buggy comfortably, and you have the strength to pull them).
- Weight: 10.5kg - based upon weighing an Avenir Intrepid 2 Seater Kids' Trailer at Bike Co-op HQ in April 2015.
- Be aware that cycling equipment specifications can change without notice so please regard our published weights as an honest but approximate guide.
Our experience of kids' trailers is
- Most children love them. A trailer has a similar 'own wee secret world' appeal as a tent.
- While it's only natural to feel cautious about mixing it in traffic with kids in tow, these trailers have such presence, the traffic gives a wider berth when overtaking. So much so, you might be tempted to keep the trailer attached, even when you're not towing the kids.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|